Star Wars Rebels - Season 3

Simon Massey

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
The first two episodes of Season 3 were shown as well and they were really good. After quite a while, Rebels has finally got me invested in Ezra and Kanan at the end of Season 2 and the first two episodes build on that really well. Ezra in particular is way more interesting as a character for me from here on.

And Thrawn was in the episodes so looks like he will be a central part of the ongoing arc rather than just peripheral.

Reactions: TravisR

Tony J Case

Effects Supervisor
Senior HTF Member
Thrawn is nice and all - but pardon me while Iose my goddamned mind that Tom Baker is doing a character.

todd s

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
When the show first aired. I was underwhelmed. It was the same group on the same planet....seeming to do very little (for the rebellion). That all changed with season 2. I am lucking how they are showing how the rebellion grew (ie-B-Wings, Y-Wings, etc).

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
One of the things that I liked about the show from the beginning (besides it being something that the kids and I can both enjoy) is the design. They really picked up on the early Ralph McQuarrie concept paintings and went with that. It gives the show a look that is not only its own, but also beautiful to look at.

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
I need to start watching this show eh?
I think it's a show that anyone that likes the SW movies would enjoy. In a similar vein to what Sam Favate said, the show deliberately looks more like the original trilogy than The Clone Wars series (which was also cool) looked so it's always a kick to see those visual connections.

Reactions: Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I also like that they've had some callbacks to The Clone Wars series, which left the air rather abruptly. A lot of the people working on Rebels also worked on Clone Wars,and I think it's great that they recognize that there will be some crossover audience and that we wouldn't mind some closure on the older characters. It was so great seeing Rex and the clones back, it was great seeing Ahsoka back.

Rebels is so good that I my desire to see pre-Episode IV stories is completely satisfied by it; I'll see the "Rogue One" movie but for me, this show is where it's at.

Last edited:

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
Reactions: Josh Steinberg

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
One of the things that I liked about the show from the beginning (besides it being something that the kids and I can both enjoy) is the design. They really picked up on the early Ralph McQuarrie concept paintings and went with that. It gives the show a look that is not only its own, but also beautiful to look at.
I agree. I liked that aspect of the design too.

I have to check out my old material, but the only thing that bothers me is the rather small size of the TIE Fighter wing panels in relation to the cockpit compared to the movie versions. They are just too visually small to me. But that's my only complaint.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Therma123