Star Wars Rebate

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Stephen J*, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Stephen J*

Stephen J* Stunt Coordinator

Anyone else who got it from FYE with the rebate get a 'Trans World Entertainment' Email about the rebate request being received? It didn't ask for any other information, but it seemed just a little 'phishy' to me.

2. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    if i remember correctly, trans world entertainment is the company that handles the fye rebates, i received my xbox rebate from them when i bought it from fye.

CJ

3. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

TWEC -- Trans World Entertainment Corporation -- does indeed own FYE (For Your Entertainment); the company also includes select Saturday Matinee movie stores. Freestanding stores include Wherehouse Music, Coconuts Music & Movies, Strawberries, Spec's, CD World, Streetside Records and Planet Music.

4. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

Complete idiots, these folks at Coconuts.
    I ordered the STAR WARS with the -10% and the 15% mail in rebate so my final price would have been $29 total.
    First I had the hardest time getting in to the site-it was always overloaded.
    Next, they charged me full tax, then half tax-they have no retail presence in this state, so their should have been none.
    Next they kept declining my card-and my bank could not explain it-I did note that while my final printed reciept came to $44.00, they kept trying to capture $50 from my debit card-I had expressly put $45 into that account to cover it,
    My first email got a confused answer of the "we are sorry-our site is experienceing difficulties-we will contact you" variety.
    But they never contacted me
    5 different emails to their CS went unanswered.
    It became impossible to enter past their home page due to traffic..
    Finally the date to mail-in the rebate has passed
    I am pissed at these incompetent as*holes.
    I was unable to find an #800 number, so it looks like I am out of luck

I will never deal with these dolts again!

5. Stephen J*

Stephen J* Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the info on Trans World, I don't remember anything in their email about FYE so I got paranoid. At least when it's Staples or something, the email said so.

6. Tom B

Tom B Extra

Mark TS
    There is a reason you were charged tax. While Coconuts may not have a presence in WA, Trans World does - FYE. Trans World is the company you bought Star Wars from and Coconuts is simply the name on the storefront. They (Trans World) must pay the tax on your sale, so they pass in on to you.

7. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
  8. NeilO

NeilO Producer

Due to the mess with the UPC code being part of the box, I refused delivery on my copy, thus returning to Coconuts without opening the box. As of the present time they still don't seem to have received/processed it in their warehouse. [​IMG] Who knows if I'll ever get a credit to my credit card.

Neil

9. Patrick.C

Patrick.C Second Unit

I just received my confirmation email that my Star Wars rebate is going through. I ended up going back to the store two days after I bought the box set to pick up a "telezon", which I peeled and stuck to my rebate form.

So, for anyone out there wondering if your rebate will go through without cutting up your box, it appears that it will.

Interesting, though, that it took so long to go through. I mailed my Alladin rebate on the same day and received the confirmation for it on Nov. 1 - a full two weeks before I received the confirmation for Star Wars.

10. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

Everything went fine with my rebate. Didn't receive an email notification but did get my check last Tuesday using the UPC sticker on the outside wrapper.

11. NeilO

NeilO Producer

I emailed Coconuts again yesterday, asking about whether they received my refused delivery box yet. This time they emailed me back saying that they are issuing me a credit to my credit card. So, that ordeal is done at last.

Neil