Star Wars OST on SACD & DVD-A?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Donnie Eldridge, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

Will they ever see the light of day? Is this a Lucas issue and who holds the rights? One would think, the format that gets them seriously has an upper-hand.

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Donnie, I haven't heard anything about the soundtrack coming to SACD or DVD-Audio. It would be kind of sad if the soundtrack comes to hi-rez before the original trilogy comes to DVD. [​IMG]

Without trying to start a war here, I don't think the Star Wars soundtrack would have much of an impact on the hi-rez landscape. In other words, if one format were to get the soundtrack, I don't think that format would have the upper hand in the long run. Sure, the music is great, but I don't think sales of the soundtrack would put one format over the top. I just don't see the masses clammoring for the Star Wars soundtrack on a hi-rez format. Perhaps I'm just dumb. [​IMG]

3. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

If memory serves, the original recordings were on RSO (Robert Stigwood, the label with the large pig for a logo, and known for some of the scuzziest recordings out there). Maybe SACD can bring new life to Star Wars, but I'm not holding my breath.

4. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

Keith,

You made some pretty good points. However, we should never underestimate Star Wars fanatics.