What's new

Star Wars KOTOR preview (1 Viewer)

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
For those people who do not frequent slashdot.org, there is a link to a new preview of KOTOR for xbox and PC. I haven't been able to read more than the first page so far however. The preview is at

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
If I have as much fun playing through KOTOR as I did throwing stormtroopers around in JK2, I'll be a happy camper...

Speaking of JK2's engine, anyone know what's being used as the basis for KOTOR?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of JK2's engine, anyone know what's being used as the basis for KOTOR?
I believe its either an all new engine developed by Bioware or it may be using an advanced version of the Aurora engine developed for Neverwinter Nights. To be honest I'm not sure.

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
I have mixed feelings about this game -- I'm hoping it turns out to play a LOT beter than it currently looks. I have a nagging suspicion that KOTOR was probably intended to come out NOW on pc, but that changed after MS made Bioware an "offer they couldn't refuse." I wish it took better advantage of the X-box hardware than it seems to in those screenshots. However, Bioware has a great track record though, so it will be probably be all right.

A couple of years ago, there was a rumor floating around that Squaresoft was partnering with Lucasarts for a Star Wars, FF-type RPG. Does anyone else remember reading about that?

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
Well, there's a new (to me anyway) video showing ingame footage and an interview with one of the lead developers (Ray Muzyka)for KOTOR here
Looking good...

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
A couple of years ago, there was a rumor floating around that Squaresoft was partnering with Lucasarts for a Star Wars, FF-type RPG
That's the kind of SW game I've been waiting for my whole life. I wish they could pull that off with a LOTR theme as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks