What's new

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order? (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is on sale @ Amazon at an all-time low price of $49

Should I buy this for my PS4?

Thought I might like a Star Wars game

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I just posted about this in the “What are you playing?” thread. I rented this from Redbox and played a couple hours this morning and another three or four hours this afternoon. I find it to be a pretty mediocre game with confusing maps, convoluted and sometimes laggy controls. I might pay $15-$20 if I found it used at a game store but I wouldn’t pay full retail.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just posted about this in the “What are you playing?” thread. I rented this from Redbox and played a couple hours this morning and another three or four hours this afternoon. I find it to be a pretty mediocre game with confusing maps, convoluted and sometimes laggy controls. I might pay $15-$20 if I found it used at a game store but I wouldn’t pay full retail.

Clinton,

Thanks.

I think it was originally going for $70 and the sale price attracted me. However it doesn't sound like this is going to be a great game.

Thanks for saving me $$$

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
This is on sale @ Amazon at an all-time low price of $49

Should I buy this for my PS4?

Thought I might like a Star Wars game

This is a top five game of 2019 for me. It's a really nice blend of the Uncharted games (tons of jumping, climbing, and combat) and melee games like Sekiro and the Dark Souls series.

Graphics and music are tremendous (really, the music is stellar!). I found the controls to be quite responsive--even playing on my projector.

The story is very interesting if you are a Star Wars fan (and as with everything Star Wars branded, this is considered canon I believe). The main character is a nice classic take on a Jedi: he isn't dark or brooding or "tortured". He's just a good guy. The droid is cute.

The game is quite hard if you are not good at melee games like the above mentioned Sekiro or Dark Souls. You can play on story mode, though, and the difficulty drops down nicely. Took me about 20 hours to beat the entire story, but there is the option to backtrack to all previously visited planets and explore for extra (mostly cosmetic) upgrades as you unlock new abilities. For example, about 1/3 into the game your droid gets the ability to hack previously locked chests. So you can go back and unlock those chests if you like (but again, it's all cosmetic stuff the game is absolutely not locked behind tedious revisiting--it's all optional!).

Great game.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
This is a top five game of 2019 for me. It's a really nice blend of the Uncharted games (tons of jumping, climbing, and combat) and melee games like Sekiro and the Dark Souls series.

Graphics and music are tremendous (really, the music is stellar!). I found the controls to be quite responsive--even playing on my projector.

The story is very interesting if you are a Star Wars fan (and as with everything Star Wars branded, this is considered canon I believe). The main character is a nice classic take on a Jedi: he isn't dark or brooding or "tortured". He's just a good guy. The droid is cute.

The game is quite hard if you are not good at melee games like the above mentioned Sekiro or Dark Souls. You can play on story mode, though, and the difficulty drops down nicely. Took me about 20 hours to beat the entire story, but there is the option to backtrack to all previously visited planets and explore for extra (mostly cosmetic) upgrades as you unlock new abilities. For example, about 1/3 into the game your droid gets the ability to hack previously locked chests. So you can go back and unlock those chests if you like (but again, it's all cosmetic stuff the game is absolutely not locked behind tedious revisiting--it's all optional!).

Great game.
I guess I was expecting something along the lines of Force Unleashed II and was really let down with this one. I’m not a fan of the Uncharted or Dark Souls games so that may be why I didn’t connect with it and found it fairly dull and the map and exploration system frustrating at times.

Ron - Josh seems to really like it and I don’t so it looks like you’re back where you started. I would recommend renting a copy from Redbox for a night and see if you like it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Reviews for it are pretty excellent and I plan on picking it up in the future when the price drops.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, if I didn't already have over a dozen games to play across multiple platforms...I'd probably get it for $34.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I like this game a lot. Anything under $50 is fair. I had no issues with the map system, which marks entry points on your map with different colors (green, orange, and red) so I haven't found myself frustrated with where to go next. But if you're looking for linear levels, with no repetition of combat and no backtracking, I wouldn't recommend this game to you.

Depending on your skill level, the combat can be difficult, especially at higher difficulties. Although it's very different from Dark Souls, it does require split second timing and you must plan your strikes, as attack animations can leave you vulnerable.

The story is a little generic, but pretty good. It has some fun characters and a real "Star Wars" feel. Some of the big action setpieces are great (think Uncharted's cinematic levels). The combat on higher difficulties can be frustrating; you lose all your experience upon death and to reclaim it you must go back and attack the enemy that defeated you. So backtracking and exploration is part of this game. There are also puzzle sections which remind me of a very basic Zelda dungeon.

I'm playing on an Xbox One X. This game looks phenomenal in 4K, and strangely, stutters more in "performance" mode, which can't manage to maintain its 60fps target. The 30fps 4K mode is smoother overall. (There was a day one patch, but I hope they come up with another to fix those issues in performance mode.)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Best Star Wars game I have ever played. Worth every penny of the $60 I paid. And then some. I’ve probably put in 50 hours or so looking for every secret.

Get it Ron. You’ll love it!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Best Star Wars game I have ever played. Worth every penny of the $60 I paid. And then some. I’ve probably put in 50 hours or so looking for every secret.

Get it Ron. You’ll love it!

Let me see if it is still on sale. If it isn't I will wait. Thanks for the heads-up!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks