What's new

Star Wars in HD? (1 Viewer)

Paul W

Second Unit
Well, the ad specifically mentions Showtime in Austrailia. The home video rights are probably different in the US than Australia. I am certain that TPM will be shown on FOX HD (terrestrial) later this year.
You'll note that Fox does not support HD. Therefore, TPM will be broadcast in 480p.
I'm not sure what is up with the OT. I guess we'll see.
------------------
Link Removed Paul Warren
Hey fella . . . I bet you're still livin' in your parent's cellar . . . downloading pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar . . . and posting "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er . . . I should do the world a favor and cap ya' like Old Yeller . . . you're just about as useless as MPEGs to Hellen Keller.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Just wanted to let everyone know that lots of rumors have been flying all over the place about TPM airing being pushed back until the 4th quarter. There is a story about this over at TheForce.net about this whole issue. Now how reliable is this? I don't know. I really don't believe it, but I guess that it is possible. Typically TheForce tends to be fairly accurate about reporting news, but this seems just a little far fetched. Thanks, Chris
------------------
Home Theater: http://www.ig-88.net

JakeR

Stunt Coordinator
I've heard the same thing. www.aint-it-cool-news.com reported the story, mentioning that Fox has pulled the ads for the April airing. Now, AICN ain't Time magazine, but I don't find the story too hard to believe.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Again, Fox Broadcasting does not support HDTV, the cheap friggin' bastards.
What you are seeing are SDTV signals-- 480i upconverted to 480p (at the 16x9 ratio). Usually, the programs' broadcast sub-masters aren't even native 480p. However, a lot of their shows are mastered on HDTV video equipment since most are either shot using 35mm film or HDTV video cameras (probably at 16x9 1080p for archival quality).
Dan
------------------
Boycott JVC, 5C, HDCP, DFAST, and stop the MPAA!! Call Or Write The FCC And Your State and Federal Representatives To Protect Quality HDTV And Other HD Media, And Your Constitutional Rights!

Scott Gilbert

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to see Star Wars but not unless it is commercial free. I still have not seen episode 1 because I do not go to the theaters anymore and its not on DVD. I hope they broadcast it on HDTV HBO or release the stupid thing on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks