Star Wars II Full Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Music' started by Chris Farmer, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

Just wondering if anybody had heard something about an "Ultimate Edition" soundtrack for Attack of the Clones that contained the entire score, similar to what Sony released for Ep. I. Sure, it's not truly ultimate, as it contained the score exactly as seen in the movie, complete with edits made to follow the movie that were not in the original score. but it's better then the single disc we have now. Optimal, of course, would be something on the level of the SE soundtrack or the Rhino release of Superman, containing all the music as written, even music that was dropped or later reedited for the movie.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

I asked a friend who's a big Star Wars fan about this a couple weeks ago, and he said that Lucasfilm said it's not happening, and no reason was given.

EDIT: I found an article at theforce.net concerning the ultimate soundtrack: http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=21044

3. Chris Farmer

Chris Farmer Screenwriter

Thanks for the info Thomas, even if it's not the answer I wanted. [​IMG]

Wonder why LucasFilm is holding it up?

4. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

I don't think they're holding them up, I think they've just completely scrapped the idea for releasing it for whatever reason. Maybe they're waiting for 2006 or 2007 when everything goes crazy and Lucasfilm releases a box set of all six films and ultimate soundtracks. We'll see.