What's new

Star Wars Home Theater. Best HT ever!!!! (1 Viewer)

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Here you go. I think this is the one BobSmith is referring to.

Deathstar Home Theater

Automatically opening doors:

Fibre optic stars:

Walkway to entrance:

Han Solo:

Sheesh. That guy spent more on his basement than most people do on their entire house.

MikeWh

Second Unit
I dig it! I could only wish I had that much money and time to do something like that (or more appropriately, to have someone else do it for me). Very nice.

Keith M.

Second Unit
Im sick w/ jealousy!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I wish they had a few more pictures of all the details. Very cool. Are those Wilson Audio speakers? In "Darth Vader" black, no less.

Although... it might feel wierd watching, say Lord of the Rings in there. :) But, I could get used to it.

Charles

Agent
Love to know what that costs!?! Guess $150K Whatever it costs, its' money well spent (can't take it with you!)

MikeWh

Second Unit
Guess $150K
I was guessing even higher. I looked at the rest of that DillonWorks site, and it appears that they do some rather expensive (and very cool!) looking fabrications. Pretty much everything they do is custom. That kind of skill and labor don't come cheap. My god... they made a door out of a custom mock-up of Han Solo in carbomite! Yikes!

I'm guessing upwards of $200-250k on the fabrication and consulting (with Doug Chiang). A/V probably another $50-75k.

Any other guesses?? I wish someone could track down the owner!!!

MikeWh

Second Unit
OK... I found some more info:

From rebelscum.com--

"Lisa Stevens and Vic Wertz have quite possibly the coolest home theater of anyone in the entire world. The folks behind the Star Wars Insider magazine just finished a new house this last year, with undoubtedly the world's coolest Star Wars setup. DillonWorks has the scoop on the amazing Death Star home theater room, designed by Doug Chiang - complete with a THX sound system, frozen Solo and more. And just in time for the new Indy DVDs. Hey, can we come over and play?"

And one more-- 12,000 square foot home... nice story on the entire house:
http://www.washingtonceo.com/current...CEO-p56-58.pdf

And here's a story on the A/V installers:
http://dallas.bizjournals.com/seattl...6/smallb1.html

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Nice.
I love everything.
I love the dvd collection!
The dvd collection is basically a walk in closet!

Shane S.

Stunt Coordinator
IF anyone here is or works for a CEDIA member this theater is in there yearly awards catalog. I was looking at it at work the other day. Theater was quite a bit above the 150k mark. Like someone else stated the person used the set designers from PM and AOTC.
The set up is beautiful especially to any Star Wars fan. Sooo much attention to detail. I would love to be designing and building systems like that.

p.s. if you can get your hands on the CEDIA book I recomend doing so as there is allot of really nice setups.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks