What's new

Star Wars Galaxies to consoles (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
On the radio on the way to work this AM they said that Lucasarts has announced that SW Galaxies is headed to consoles.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Shit.... and I really thought my "Oh I'm not into PC games much" excuse would save me from this. Still, I think I am still saved by the fact I could not make use of my X-Box broadband capabilities since there is no broadband service in my region.

Dan

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
This is great news because now I won't have to upgrade my PC every time an expansion pack comes out. And by the looks of Galaxies already, I will have to get a new Video Card just to play the first release.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
UH....sign me up! I planned on upgrading my PC soon to play this specifically but if the X_box incarnation is even remotely near what the PC version is..I'll hold off (I cant believe I just said that!)

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I really thought my "Oh I'm not into PC games much" excuse would save me from this.
Dan,

Same here. A game like that would cause my PC to explode.

I'm all over this when it comes out for the XBOX though.

The big problem I forsee is telling myself that I need to do homework rather than play this game.

Brad Grenz

Second Unit
I'm not sure either. Actually I didn't think this particular game would ever hit the Xbox given that it is being developed by Verant who are owned by Sony. I'm guessing console ports must have been Lucas Arts' to sell. But as I understand it Xbox Live is the only way you can produce an online game for Xbox and Xbox Live will have absolutely no cross platform compatibility. It's looking like Galaxies for the Xbox will have their own Xbox only servers/worlds. Presumably the PC and PS2 versions could be made to work together, but that's speculation.

It'll likely be the same with other cross platform titles as well. The EA and Sega sports titles will probably work for games between 'Cubes and PS2s, but the Xbox versions will be sequestored. I'm thinking this was a major factor in the no online for Xbox Madden this year decision...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doug2000
Recent bookmarks