What's new

Star Wars Galaxies thread. (1 Viewer)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Well, it's just about a month util the planned release date of Galaxies. I was reading on the official site that they still are planning on doing a Stage 3 Beta. I don't know...it seems like they'd have to have sent out the CDs by now if they want to have any significant time in that. If they really do plan on making 4/15 then I'd say they have 2, 2 and a half weeks at best to get things sorted out. I was a little cold on this at first, but as it gets closer to actually coming out I have to admit I'm interested by what I've seen and read.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
...and there you have it ladies and gentleman, the inevitable announcement arrives:
Star Wars Galaxies delayed
I'd be willing to wager a July-August release. If Sony wants to really do some truly major stress testing you may see it slip into September. Not a suprise AT ALL and it was only a matter time given the evidence. Unfortunate nonetheless as it is *THE* online game I've been waiting for a long time. Consolation: We'll be knee deep into Knights of the Old Republic to hold us over;)

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Doh! I was just trying to convince my brother, my nephew, and my best friend that this one would actually make the 4/15 release date. And I was actually starting to get a little excited about the game itself. Well, as long as they use the time to polish the game some and release a quality product I won't complain...too much :).

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
NOOOOO!!!!

I cant believe I have to wait again, after all my excitement was finally leading somewhere and going to be realized. as long as I get on beta 3 im fine with it. Man that sucks.

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
After reading some of the developers views on jedi and how they're going to handle them I'm not all that thrilled with this game. I mean its star wars but we have to wait for an expansion to add space to the game?

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I was going to get this, but as time marched on I thought that it would be better for me to get my Everquest character to level 60, and retire from EQ and move on to EQ2. SWG scares me because every Star Wars fanboy on the planet will be playing this game and I'm not sure I'd like that.

Mike

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
They removed blasters from Beta 2. So it will be interesting to see if they return in Beta 3 or the retail product. I can't imagine a Star Wars game without blasters. Also player owned vehicals have been removed until a later date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks