Star Wars Galaxies Demo Movie...MUST SEE!

todd stone

Screenwriter
bleh, nothing special honestly. Dark Age of CAmelot is where it's at. I have had it with Verant

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Would you believe I probably will not be playing this game? Seriously, I have genuine concerns for how much of my free time this game would take up. The idea of the game the scale of it all is frankly, awesome, but I genuinely see it as a serious danger to my social life.

It is sad to know that a game like this could consume my free time so much I know, I just seriously consider it best I avoid it. I am not an online gaming or even a PC game junkie by any means, but this being Star Wars and the attention to detail...etc, it is awe inspiring to say the leat.

Good video.

Dan

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
If they can get Space Combat right, I will be there once it hits, but not until then.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Looks cool, but what's up with the guy running the camera? Shut up already!
Unfortunately my PC has no chance in hell of running this game.

todd stone

Screenwriter
the space fighting is an ADD-ON so bleh to that.

and two rumors are it fights automatically for you in space and depends on your skill ranking in battle results.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
and two rumors are it fights automatically for you in space and depends on your skill ranking in battle results.
I dont know anything about rumors concerning Galaxies since I dont keep up with it much (I will be though closer to release) but if you watch that demo movie you can speifically see that the person controlling the game is controlling the ship. There is no automatic fighting or flying as far as I can tell.
He moves the ship in several directions, Fires the lasers, changes camera angles on the fly, cripes he even locks the s-foils in attack position!
..so forth so on....
And yes as you said the space flight portion of the game will be the first expansion pack for the game. Sony Online/Verant made that announcement along with the game itself. I think its great that they are far along enough with the expansion that can show what they have...

Oscar_R

Second Unit
why not start forming an HTF Star Wars Galaxy clan?
lol
can you just fucking imagine what a mess that would be?
"so umm, do you have 5.1 for you computer?"
even better , would it be an all Jedi clan fighting the evil Bose Empire? or steer towards the dark side?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Chris,
It looks like they old link was killed with downloads
Here is a new link:
Click Here
They have mirrors for the video on this site.

Dan B

Screenwriter
This also aired during this weekend's Extended Play on TechTV. It looks quite a lot more interesting than the recent movies, IMO. A variety of gameplay elements including flying, all of the characters you know & love, plus the best graphics I've seen. Prettier than insert sexist comment here.

As Dean said...thank God my system won't be able to run it.

-Dan

Adnan Sheikh

Stunt Coordinator
I want to punch that guy in the face

Very nice models and such, just gotta wonder how it'll run with dozens of people on screen.

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
My favorite part:

"Oh Im in development too, I do web development for compaq"

Yessssssssss because doing HTML and working in C++ are JUST the same thing.

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
I heartily second the "HTF Clan" idea -- better than be whacked continuously by roaming groups of murderous 13-year olds.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lendrena