What's new

Star Wars Episode VIII "The Last Jedi" Coming December 15, 2017 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Not sure what his sources are, and I don't believe he himself is working on the movie, but he's certainly likely to know a lot of people who are:
ep8still_0038.png

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
He is not attending because of the Prequels. Lucasfilm is distancing themselves from the Prequels lately and they are not going to start promote the Prequels now. If he is attending, it might mean he is in Episode 8.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Lucasfilm is distancing themselves from the Prequels lately

And yet, they showed all three of them in 3D at the last celebration. If Lucasfilm is dedicating an entire weekend to celebrating Star Wars, surely it's not out of place to have the star of two of the films present to speak for a brief period and/or sign a few autographs. Personally, I don't think there has to be any deeper meaning than that.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Lucasfilm is distancing themselves from the Prequels lately and they are not going to start promote the Prequels now.
Keep in mind that it's the 40th anniversary of Star Wars so this Celebration is going to cover all the movies of the saga. Since they aren't going to get Natalie Portman or Ewan McGregor to show up, Christensen is the next biggest star of the prequels that they could get.

EDIT: If they actually are doing an Obi-Wan spin-off movie then McGregor might make a surprise appearance at Celebration for the official announcement. I'd be stunned if he had a table to sign autographs though.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Just an aside: I took my son on Star Tours today at Hollywood Studios, and when Jar Jar showed up for a silly second or two, someone on the ride yelled "Shoot him!" A bit inappropriate for a crowd of children, but most people did laugh.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Of course he is attending because of the prequels which are canon. They are loved by many and Lucasfilm is in no way distancing themselves from them. They would be embarrassing themselves if they did.

And he will never be in a Star Wars film again.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There could still be a Darth Vader movie. Actually the chance of a Darth Vader movie is higher than any other character. I'm willing to bet a Darth Vader movie is a sure thing.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Nope. Never gonna happen. Again, Been there done that. No force ghost either.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There could still be a Darth Vader movie. Actually the chance of a Darth Vader movie is higher than any other character. I'm willing to bet a Darth Vader movie is a sure thing.
I don't think it'll happen and I sure hope it doesn't happen but I'm not going to say it won't happen. An entire movie centered around Darth Vader is probably the most dangerous proposition that I can think of for a SW movie because Darth Vader is best used in smaller doses rather than as the lead of a movie. He worked so well in Rogue One because it was direct and to the point- he had an 'introduction' scene to establish the character as being in the story and then his next scene was him chopping up rebels.

It's possible to pull off a Darth Vader story because they managed to do something great with the Darth Vader comic book series but they had a cast of other characters to focus on, provide some levity & do the talking and that let Vader be Vader- quiet, reserved with the occasional violent outburst.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
As you said there is a stand-alone Vader comic series, I see no way they are not going to do a Vader movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks