What's new

Star Wars Episode VIII "The Last Jedi" Coming December 15, 2017 (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I think it's an homage to the Return of the Jedi half sheet poster:
View attachment 36167
I dig it. I kind of hope they use a third, different color for Episode IX.

Perhaps, however that's still not the official Star Wars logo. So it's still somewhat unusual. Speaking of which, I never really realized it but they don't do stand alone logos for the individual films anymore, do they?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
ep8still_0036.jpg

This is the nittiest of nitpicks, but it's interesting that they're using the same (arguably erroneous) title font as The Force Awakens used, as opposed to the title font used in the crawls for Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Hopefully they won't commit a grievous punctuation error like Return of the Jedi by failing to include a terminal (four-dot) ellipsis, as all other Star Wars movies have done. This symbol indicates the normal end of the text (using a period) while teasing more to come (using an ellipsis). There was certainly "more to come" after Episode VI's crawl ended!

God, imagine if they shoved a semi-colon in there at the end of Episode VIII. I'd come unglued!

crawl-06-rotj.gif

Last edited:

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Absolutely soulless, isn't it? We don't even have anything yet, but we will, and you will buy it. Doesn't matter what it is.

I remember when someone came up with something first, and the box was a total afterthought.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The reason this image is out there is that this weekend is the International Toy Fair, where items from the new Star Wars film will certainly be shown. It's an industry practice, to get buyers to see the goods and order them in time for the fall. The toys themselves are the big reveal; the box art is out there as a taste.

There's nothing unusual or particularly craven about this.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The reason this image is out there is that this weekend is the International Toy Fair, where items from the new Star Wars film will certainly be shown. It's an industry practice, to get buyers to see the goods and order them in time for the fall. The toys themselves are the big reveal; the box art is out there as a taste.

There's nothing unusual or particularly craven about this.
Yeah, Toy Fair is to the toy industry what Comic Con is to summer movies- it's the annual big industry show so they have to talk up their big product for the year. I think the packaging is the only thing they'll show off though because I think they'll wait to display toys until Comic Con in July or maybe even Star Wars Celebration in April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks