What's new

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005) (1 Viewer)

Kevin Lamb

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Lamb
Has it been stated why Anakin's lightsaber handle in ROTS doesn't match up with the one given to Luke in ANH? Lucas seemed to take such pains in syncing up the two trilogies and I find it perplexing that there'd be an inconsistency in something so simple.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

I actually was able to examine both of them side by side at Celebration III in Indianapolis.

The differences are very minor...at a glance they look identical. But there ARE subtle differences between the two.

Kevin Lamb

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Lamb
Ah well that's cool then. Its not like the OT didn't have its inconsistencies (interior of the Falcon cockpit, etc.) For some reason I thought that the differences between the two sabers were more substantial than that.

Nkosi

Stunt Coordinator
For the record, I LOVED RoTS. Loved it, loved it, loved it! But the "NOOOO" at the end along with the "reason" for Padme's death really just killed it for me at the end.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Ah yes, from the ROTS comic book adaption. I must say though the cartoony looking letters used for NOOOOOO!!! are even more cheesy than James Earl Jones' delivery. :D

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
Just gotta add to the ROTS appreciation. I watched the first few minutes the other day to test a new centre speaker that I got, and I ended up watching the whole thing. The DVD presentation still blows me away. The picture quality is superb and the 5.1 EX soundtrack is magnificent.

There's such a sense of purpose to the film, from the first few frames to the last, that makes it a worthy addition to the Star Wars legacy. The emotional heft of those last few minutes is just amazing, and I for one love the Vader "Noooooo!". It's so OTT and cheesy - actually it goes beyond dairy products entirely - but it just kinda fits. I still cringe at some of Hayden's angry/shouty acting, but the "Noooooo!" gets a pass from me.

Matthew_Def

Stunt Coordinator
RoTS is really good, but if we want to talk about bad lines the worst is easily Anakin's "From my point of view the Jedi are evil!". Ugh! I mean he's floating mere feet above molten lava, dueling with his former closest friend, and he thinks this is a good time to say such a stilted, uncomfortable sentence. Not to mention the delivery is absurd.

I can't help but shake my head everytime that line comes. It is such a good scene before then, and thankfully it recovers after. I mean how hard would have been to cut that "point of view" line out? We did not need that reference there George, a simple, "no, obiwan, the jedi are evil" would have been fine. Not great, but not nearly as cringeworthy as it is.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Hayden does pretty well through most of the duel, but yeah, that line reading was ludicrous. I know we're supposed to see how drunk with power he is at that point, but less is more, George. If he'd used the same intense, menacing tone he used on "this is the end for you, my Master", it would have been 100 times better.

Also, "only my new powers can do that" makes me cringe. Again, yes, he's drunk with power and so out of touch with reality that he doesn't realize how insane he sounds, but "my new powers" sounds like something out of a bad cartoon.

FredK

Second Unit
I'd say "power" and "point of view" are both pushing the links to the OT. Probably over-extending, and definitely some of Hayden's worst deliveries (though the lead-in to the duel was some of his best).

I've always preferred the visual links than the verbal ones. You underestimate my power! is much weaker than Don't do it! (cause I invented your next move way back in TPM)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The POV line is dreadful, not just because of the wooden delivery, but because it is ridiculously out of place. The guy is fighting his best friend and master, he just force choked his pregnant wife, and recently commited the slaughter of unarmed aliens, right after murdering a bunch of children.

He's GONE. He doesn't believe in "point of view". At that point, he KNOWS he is right, he KNOWS Obi-Wan and the Jedi are corrupt and evil. He's not about to debate semantics. He's not into paradigms at this point. He believes what he believes to his core.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

That's the best summary of the point of view line that I've heard. I'm tempted to use it as my signature over at theforce.net but I don't want to infringe on your intellectual property rights :)

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
Exactly. I hated that line because in the middle of all this hot molten shit raining down on their head Anakin's going to take the time to FRAME HIS ARGUMENT OBJECTIVELY while screaming at his former master after 10 minutes of trying to kill him? Why? Terrible screenwriting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks