What's new

Star Wars Ep. VII Megathread: The Force Awakens (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Also, I'm assuming John Williams will score it (if he's still alive). He's not gonna live forever so I guess evntually they will have to hire someone else for future movies. I'll have a hard time watching a Star Wars movie without a Williams score.:(

Malcolm Bmoor

Second Unit
Real Name
Malcolm Blackmoor
Just a quick visit to this thread to check that Star Wars obession has returned. I share your concern that the writers and director chosen will maintain the standard of infantile nonsense.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I think a director is supposed to be announced sometime in January. Also, just a guess, but I bet they go with someone other than the great John Williams. The idea is supposed to be handing the films off to a new generation, so choosing a new composer might be one way they do that. I'd be sad not to see Williams involved, but it is what it is.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
The 5th of the video conversations with Lucas and Kennedy is now up. It's all very nice and sweet, but there is no new information about the movies: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL148kCvXk8pBP96h_ZhDrcrTbwsvpbGFa

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Looks like we're not getting a Death Star. :( https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/response/isnt-petition-response-youre-looking

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm no economist but I would think that building a Death Star would be an economic boost. Building something the size of a small moon would mean employing millions of people for decades to come. :) "Think the average stormtrooper knows how to install a toilet main?"

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
I'm no economist but I would think that building a Death Star would be an economic boost. Building something the size of a small moon would mean employing millions of people for decades to come. :)
Classic "broken window" economic fallacy. Where does the money COME FROM to build something that has destruction as its only purpose? Those resources could be put to far, FAR better use.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I've said it before in this thread but letting different creators have a crack at the Star Wars universe (rather than having them make trilogies designed to follow the previous movies) is the best move. Snyder or no, I hope someone is doing an idea in this vein.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
From Snyder's press person:
"While he is super flattered because he is a huge fan, Zack is not involved in any way with the new Star Wars. He is currently in post on his two films, Man of Steel and 300: Battle of Artemisia.”

Norm

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Norm
Maybe it was misreported. Lawrence Kasdan or Simon Kinberg could be working on a Seven Samurai / Jedi script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation625
Recent bookmarks