Star Wars: Empire of Dreams

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Raasean Asaad, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Supporting Actor

Does anyone know if this show that is showing on A&E right now the same documentary that is included in the trilogy boxset?

2. Scott D S

Scott D S Supporting Actor

Scott Saslow
    Yes it is. In fact, the version on the DVD is the complete 2 1/2 hour version. The broadcast version on A&E is closer to 90 minutes (plus commercials).

3. Raasean Asaad

Raasean Asaad Supporting Actor

Groovy ! [​IMG]

4. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

There are definitely times when you can tell the doc has had the wahoo edited out of it... The second 'hour' feels like a best of (I imagine the full docu mentions the fact that Lando was originally slated to die in ROTJ when they are talking about offing Solo). It certainly whetted my appetite for 9/21! [​IMG]

5. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

And to think they were going to originally run this program on the 21st! That would have absolutely ruined it for the fans who got the DVD set and would have watched the entire unedited version on the DVD.

6. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I only watched the first forty minutes of it on TV, as I new there was going to be a good chance it was edited...Plus, I wanted to save my viewing experience for the DVD's first run, without the annoying animated logos that A and E has [​IMG]..

7. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Still, it was interesting, with a few tidbits I hadn't seen before. The audition tape with Kurt Russel reading against William Katt as Han and Luke, for example.

It even made me pull out Episode 1 and watch it right afterwards! [​IMG]

I wasn't too excited right now about the SW trilogy, but seeing all those original characters peaked my interest again... damn maerketing machine. [​IMG]

/Mike