What's new

Star Wars contraversy (1 Viewer)

Carl Mulder

Stunt Coordinator
So I took a look a the new Attack of the clones disc, now most magazine reviewer's are giving the disc five stars,"ridiculas".
Im I being to picky or is the disc just riddled with artifacts, e.g the fireplace scene with anakin and padme.
"Just awful, awful.
Ice age on the other hand isn't a totally flawless dvd, but at least that breaks new ground, i.e incredible detail.
"some of the sharpest dvd video Ive ever seen.
So whats happened to Star Wars?
George lucas should be supervising every detail of his releases.
As far as I'm concerned, Stars should be nothing short of stunning, but george lucas does love all that lovely money and the fans don't matter anymore.

FEEDBACK PLEASE.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It isn't artifacts

It's CCD video noise, just like you get with consumer camcorders on low-light areas

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Lucas should face the music and finally realize that digital video is NOT 35mm film (nor even a tiny bit close to 70mm or Maxivision 48 fps), nor will it be for the forseeable future (Spielberg needs to slap his friend upside the head and snap him back to reality).

It's not perfected yet; not enough to be used in a major feature film.

The problems with the transfer are problems inherent with this generation of digital video technology used for shooting some movies and TV shows.

Dan

SteveMo

Stunt Coordinator
They want to use digital (at present time) to simplify the digital effects and DVD production process but at the cost of loosing low light quality images, and pixalation in theaters?

First I head there was no EE and that had me really excited, but then I saw a picture on avs of a screenshot called AOTC EE. So which is it EE or no EE?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks