What's new

Star Wars: Clone Wars Screen Shots For GCN (1 Viewer)

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Head on over to PGC to check them out. 40 in all.
Beware! These aren't super high-resolution captures from the frame buffer, or anything like that. They are pictures taken at the LucasArts unveiling of the new game.
I did find a few shots interesting, especially of the 2-player battle mode.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Looking pretty smooth. Do we know the full gameplay details yet? I'm hoping it's not just a generic shoot em up, Starfighter set at the time of the Clone Wars if you will.

Dan

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
There was a thing about it in Electronic Gaming Monthly that said it was more like an RTS game and is sort of a war simulation....or something like that.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Looks kinda like a mix between Battle of Naboo on the N64 and Star Wars: Demolition on the Dreamcast.

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
Single-player gameplay is supposedly vehicular combat in the vein of "Twisted Metal," although you do fight alongside other vehicles and can give orders to "wingmates."

Multiplayer supposedly has a bit of RTS feel, a la the "Battlezone" remakes.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
TechTV's Extended Play is giving this game some coverage this week. Theres a brief summery and some cleaner pictures Link Removed. The game take place after Episode II and consists of 16 missions of vehicle combat and melee combat with a Lightsaber. Should be half assed, anyway.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I wonder what a FPS version of Episode II where you get to use a lightsaber in first person would be like...maybe they'll try to include it in this game.

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, after seeing Extended Play's coverage I am getting seriously stoked about this game. Some details for those of you who missed it:

-- You do play a Jedi, commanding the Republic armies during the Clone Wars. You can drive a variety of different vehicles -- tanks, swoop bikes, or even get out and fight on foot. I would assume lightsabers and Force powers might come into play.

-- The game is being developed by the folks responsible for the awesome "Battlezone" remakes, and it certainly looks more "Battlezone" than "Twisted Metal."

-- The scope of the battles looked huge in the Extended Play footage.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Brandon, here's hoping for the best then! When star wars games are good, they're gooooooddddd. :)
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks