What's new

Star Wars Celebration III (Indy) (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I thought I'd start up a thread for the upcoming Celebration III in Indy. My pass came last week, but it looks like I may have to work on the Thursday and Friday of the show.

In any event, I wanted to see if we could get some kind of meet going for everyone on the HTF that will be attending. Post here, or send me an email ([email protected]) and I'll update the list of people attending here. As the event nears, we can decide on a place to meet and what to do.

I'll post about this in the Star Wars thread as well, since this area isn't one of the highly viewed forums.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
have you guys been to the previous ones? what is it like as far as dealers and stuff to buy? I'm currently planning on going on saturday. If i could only go 1 day would it be better to go on one of the earlier days or is saturday good?

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I went to CII in Indy.

I loved it.

One of my favorite parts was all of the dealers in the main exhibit hall. They had numerous dealers there with Star Wars toys, etc.

There were also official dealers there too, and you could buy Hasbro, Wizards stuff, etc.

As far as which day to do for this I think any day is good, but Thursday might be better because their stock might be better on the first day.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Chris,
I can't go, of course :frowning: I blew my Star Wars wad on other stuff :D But I expect pictures, a full report, and hand-delivered goodies at my doorstep the Sunday it's over. Matt, I expect the same from you, except for the delivered goods.

Make it so,
Chuck

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: :laugh:

Chuck:

I wouldn't go if it wasn't in Indy, where I'm from. I get free room and board at my mom's.

I take it you want every conceivable version of the ARC-170 that's available? :D

I'll be there 1/2 day on Thursday and all day Friday - Sunday.

I don't post much, but I'd love to meet the people whose insights I enjoy reading so much. I'm especially looking forward to meeting the co-creator of South Park.

:)

Fred

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Chris,
I want every single thing I can't get anywhere but Indy :D

And find out about new Clone Wars toys! Stat!

And see what they are planning for future CW shorts and ROTS vehicle video games (I want to FLY the ARC-170, sucker).

Much love,
Chuck

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Cool. I wasn't able to snag the CII exclusive action figure last time (the lines were so long that I would have wasted half my day just trying to get an action figure). I'm hoping to do better this time.

Vince Antrim

Agent
My wife an I will be there Thursday thru Saturday. Hell, it's only an hour drive from good old Terre Haute, and my parents live about 20 minutes south of the convention center, so it all works out.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'm in Lafayette so it's only about an hour away as well. Still don't know about Thursday and Friday, but I'll definitely be there on the weekend.

I'm generally familiar with the area, but does anyone know of a good place for us to all meet up?

Vince Antrim

Agent
Downtown Hooters, Steak and Shake, anywhere at Circle Center, the entire 4th floor is nothing but bars. BW3's, Champions Sports Bar, the Slippery Noodle Inn (great place for live blues music), Houlihan's, etc. etc. I haven't been out in downtown Indy in years, probably since I moved here to Terre Haute 6 years back, but it still kicks ass from what I hear.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Just talked to my boss and it looks like I should be able to go on Thursday, but I have to work Friday.

Vince Antrim

Agent
bummer. i turned my two weeks in here retroactive to two weeks ago, when I went on vacation, so i'll just be missing a few classes, but oh well, it's during dead week of my last semester, so they can kiss my a$$

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I plan on driving over Friday the 22nd since Indy is only about 3 hours away from where I live. I've never been to a Star Wars convention before so I'm not really sure what to expect, but I have a feeling I'm going to blow a lot of money that day. Should be fun! :emoji_thumbsup:

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Strippers and Star Wars always seem to force me to do a lot of spontaneous spending :D

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Okay, so who all is going to be there on Thursday? I'm not going with anyone and it would kewl to check out the sites with someone from the forum.

Besides, this is actually my first major convention :)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Matt:

I'll be there on Thursday. I won't be there until around 2 pm, though.

I will PM you my cell phone so you can call me.

Chris

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Matt, I'm not going to SWCIII, but since I live downtown you can give me a call if you are looking for someone to hang out or to point you to the good places to go.

Jerry Almedia (sp?) was coming to SWCIII also, but he might not be checking in at HTF if he's on the road.

I guess I should walk over and get some geek photos. :) We were headed to a Colts game during SWCII and enjoyed the freak show...er, I mean the devoted fans. ;)

One place to try instead of Steak n Shake or White Castle when its late is Red Eye Cafe. It's the cool new all-night food joint on Meridian just north of Union Station (around Georgia St if you come from the dome, go straight East toward Conseco).

The mall bars aren't doing as well as they used to, I haven't been there in quite awhile myself but they aren't what they used to be.

Tiki Bob's and whatever the bar is next to it on S. Meridian (across from Red Eye) are 2 of the more popular joints.

Anyway, PM me or give me a call.

Vince Antrim

Agent
My wife and I are leaving Terre Haute now, and should be in Mooresville by 6:30 or so. Cell = 812-243-4918. I know we're not doing anything tonight, as my senior construction management project has handed me my ass the last 2 weeks. I'm eating good food, and then falling over, but we're down any other time

Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks