What's new

Star Wars Battlefront II (2017) (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm not liking what I'm hearing about the single player campaign. I don't want to play the empire's story. It's ok for the multiplayer but the single player with a narrative? Has there ever been a game released where you could play the Nazi soldiers in a single player campaign? I'm kind of surprised they chose this story for their first single player game in the new era. And they kept calling them heroes! I'm considering not buying this.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm not liking what I'm hearing about the single player campaign. I don't want to play the empire's story. It's ok for the multiplayer but the single player with a narrative? Has there ever been a game released where you could play the Nazi soldiers in a single player campaign? I'm kind of surprised they chose this story for their first single player game in the new era. And they kept calling them heroes! I'm considering not buying this.
I agree. However, I'd guess they're doing it because there's a ton of games where you're with the Rebellion so they're simply changing it up. Plus, the game could go into the Empire's final defeat at Jakku which should be pretty spectacular.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
What a strange direction to go in. Looks spectacular but.....:unsure:

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Well the promotion for the game lists the story as one of Revenge, Betrayal and Redemption, so by that alone you can totally guess where the story line is going to go.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised that people are, like, offended or something that the story is from the perspective of the Empire. Several games and stories have showed the "bad guys" view of things so I don't see why this is a big deal. Plus, it's a fictional universe and not a real-life Nazi story.

That said, I have trouble working up any real amount of interest in this. I never played the first one because I knew I'd be let down by it compared to the original Battlefront 1 and 2. This seems like the previous game but bigger and not necessarily what I would have hoped for. And I really don't have the time or interest to invest in an online multiplayer game.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’m enjoying it. Looks and sounds spectacular in 4K/HDR and Dolby Atmos.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I've had many many glitches including Iden going into the sky and super speed mode like that video shows. The coloring on the clips between action sequences is VERY janky. It is NOT a polished game.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The reviews and backlash against this game have been pretty harsh. It will still probably sell 10 million copies this year, because it's Star Wars.

I avoided Battlefront 1 because I don't really play online multiplayer games (don't have the time to invest, nor the interest really) and was hoping BF2 would fix the issues from 1 that I disliked. Instead, it looks like they half-tried (a single player story mode) and then doubled-down on microtransactions and cards.

I also felt bad missing BF1 because of the PSVR-exclusive mission. Luckily, BF2 doesn't have that, so I don't even have to feel bad.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm enjoying it at the moment. I also don't like multiplayer very much. I'm not good at it but I still play it. I hope they make more single player Star Wars games.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
A congressman from Hawaii announced yesterday that he wants to investigate EA and Battlefront II for using loot boxes as essentially gambling tactics to coerce minors into spending money on games. He's trying to make it into a bigger issue that would look at how multiple games and companies do it, but specifically called out EA and Star Wars.

I mean, he's 100% right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks