What's new

Star Wars: AOTC in HD last weekend? (1 Viewer)

CraigL

Screenwriter
OK aside from it being the wrong aspect ratio I definitely enjoyed it!
Anyone else watch it?

Question though...was it the IMAX version? I did notice a bunch of smaller cuts from the parts that I saw...and it made the movie flow a lot better. Anyone confirm or deny?

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
No, it was not the Imax, theatrical or DVD cut, it was a TV cut. It had bits removed for time from appeared to be the DVD cut.

I just want to know how BEDAZZLED aired OAR on FOX in HD, but not Star Wars.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Well...the HBO master wasn't in 2.35 either so maybe they edited the TV master for that?

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
It did look damn good in HD...I find that this CGi stuff looks better and better the greater the resolution you are using. I wish it wasn't cropped, but 2:35 cropped to 16X9 isn't terrible like 2:35 cropped to 4x3. I just sat and enjoyed the ride of AOTC in HD with the 5.1 pumping through my sound system...good old Bell ExpressVu giving us two FOX HD feeds...we also had TPM on CBC in what looked like HD, (Cropped to 16x9 again) and in 5.1 sound. CBC looks to be moving up.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I totally agree about the CGI. It all looked a lot smoother. I was really into the movie as well...especially since they cut the "sand" lines about it being coarse and rough and getting everywhere. ;)

Shaun

Second Unit
I watched part of it too and noticed that they cut more than just the "sand" line from the movie, but also most of the wince inducing "corny" Anakin/Padme scenes. If I remember correctly both the scenes where Anakin confesses his love by the fireplace to Padme after dinner was cut, as well as the scene where Anakin is playfully riding the creature on Naboo showing off in front of Pamde and then rolling around on the grass with her after faking getting knocked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks