What's new

Disney+ Star Wars: Andor with Diego Luna (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Vanity Fair just published a look at Mon Mothma as she'll appear in the Andor TV series:

osjr384h91091.jpg

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
#Andor begins five years before Rogue One. The first season is 12 episodes, taking place over a year. Season 2 is confirmed, another 12 episodes, which will cover the other four years. Tony Gilroy: “The final scene will walk you into Rogue [One]” #StarWarsCelebration

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That teaser trailer had an unusual BGM with the hammer on iron sound effect that gave it a grittier feel than a typical Star Wars trailer.

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
I hope this is good. I wish Star Wars would go into the future and tell stories so I don't know how it's all going to come out, or so I know who can't die. I feel like it's been so long since I saw something Star Wars that had an open-ended future in front of it. Being "walked up" to Rogue One as the end of this series sounds perfectly dreadful to me.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I hope this is good. I wish Star Wars would go into the future and tell stories so I don't know how it's all going to come out, or so I know who can't die.
I'm all for something new in Star Wars but I don't think knowing or not knowing the fates of characters is really that important. I don't know what happens to the Mandalorian or Baby Yoda or even Boba Fett but I've never thought for a microsecond that those characters were truly in danger if only because they're the stars of their shows. The thrill isn't in wondering if they live or die but in wondering how they will get out of a situation and for me, that'll likely be the case with Andor too.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
This is a curious creative decision to make a show about a character who had zero charisma in Rogue One. Just another bland Disney Star Wars character so they're making a prequel to the prequel that was Rogue One. And on that note - why did Disney not consider a linear timeline for all of their shows on Plus? If you're not a ardent fan of Star Wars, you're going to have a somewhat difficult time piecing together the timeline of all these shows.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
And on that note - why did Disney not consider a linear timeline for all of their shows on Plus? If you're not a ardent fan of Star Wars, you're going to have a somewhat difficult time piecing together the timeline of all these shows.
I think the only place where that really matters so far is with The Book Of Boba Fett. If you're just watching The Mandalorian, you need to see Book between S2 and S3 and I don't see anything denoting that on D+.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
This is a curious creative decision to make a show about a character who had zero charisma in Rogue One. Just another bland Disney Star Wars character so they're making a prequel to the prequel that was Rogue One. And on that note - why did Disney not consider a linear timeline for all of their shows on Plus? If you're not a ardent fan of Star Wars, you're going to have a somewhat difficult time piecing together the timeline of all these shows.

It doesn't actually matter, does it? Anyone who saw Rogue One is going to say "ah, this is before the movie...got it." Anyone who didn't see the movie won't care. If you're not some kind of fan, you probably don't care about the timeline anyway.

Speaking to a linear time frame, I'd ask, again, what does it matter? Audiences should be smart enough to figure out these are all separate shows and movies and won't go from the end of one directly into the beginning of another.

It didn't seem to matter when Lucas went from Episode VI all the way back to Episode I. Why does it matter now? The current Trek shows on Paramount+ are not linear. The Marvel shows on Disney+ are not always linear, even inside their own series.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I loved Rogue One and I thought Andor was a good character. He embodied the rebellion well: He was determined but also weary. Like a good freedom fighter, he was willing to do what he had to do, even when it conflicted with his orders from the Rebellion HQ, and he also had a conscience and did what he felt was right (like not killing Erso).

I've been looking forward to this series since it was announced. As exciting as shows like The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett are for the way they act as sequels to the original trilogy, I love the stories that take place during the height of the Empire, like Obi-Wan, Solo and the Bad Batch.

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
It didn't seem to matter when Lucas went from Episode VI all the way back to Episode I. Why does it matter now?
It matters now because it feels like that's all we're getting. Prequels. Back in 1999, the landscape was barren. Lucas always planned a prequel trilogy. It's not even a valid comparison, since he released episode 4 first (even before it was relabeled, he said as much).. This other stuff, like Andor, was done because people at Disney sat around and tried to figure out what they could mine. Where the gold is. And maybe there is gold in them there prequel hills, but I'm tired of prequels, especially prequels of prequels, especially the backstory of this character, who I forgot fifteen minutes after the movie. It isn't that I know he won't die as much as I know what his ultimate fate is. The writers of Obi Wan were hamstrung by it. I just don't get why Disney's knee jerk reaction is almost always to do a prequel. George Lucas *earned* the right to do it. Disney simply *has* the right to do it. That doesn't mean they nearly always should.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The trailer looked impressive. This could be good.

From the trailer it looks like they spent more money on this than the Obi-Wan series!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The trailer looked impressive. This could be good.

From the trailer it looks like they spent more money on this than the Obi-Wan series!

That's actually correct:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks