What's new

Star Wars Action Figures Thread? (1 Viewer)

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
My Count Dooku's eyebrows look scared also. I just checked it out. I think it is because he can see Yoda lurking around the corner. I might have to move Yoda out of site so the poor guy does not get so scared.
Here is something I found online. If you have AT&T long distance sign up for online billing. They send you a $30 gift certificate for Amazon (toy r' us). I signed up yesterday and got my gift certificate today. I used it for the 12 " toys r' us exlcusive Mace Windu. Here is the link. http://www.consumer.att.com/meo/
Have fun shopping.

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
Just ordered the Biggs and Wedge 12" 2 pack from www.entertainmentearth.com. They have them on Clearance for $19.99. I think these were orginally $60 when they first came out. It is a really good set. They only issue is that the box is not guarenteed to be mint but since I will problably open it who cares.

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Just won a second Bloody Hand Luke from e-bay.
I didn't want to, but the price was to low to pass up. I won this one for 26 bucks(with shipping):)

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
Mike Witko I recently placed an order with brianstoys.com it's good to hear praise about the site. They do have an excellent selection, I can't wait to get my figures!
I would love to get my hands on a Jorg Sacul, but there's no way I can justify $100+ for one figure.
If I may tap the collective brain of HTF: There's one figure that I've been unable to locate. Plo Koon: Power of the Jedi. He seems to be sold out everywhere I look. I've seen some on e-bay, but I try to avoid auctions whenever possible. I'd rather get him from a normal webstore, as I can order other goodies too. :D
BTW, is it just me or are Luminara Unduli and Mace Windu damn near impossible to locate. I've found Dooku, but these two keep eluding me!

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
I have had great success with Brians Toys. Usually you get your figure 3-5 days after you place the order. I almost stunned with how quick they get stuff out. Also they wrap the figures up really well so they arrive in mint condition.
For the Luminara Unduli and Mace Windu try the Star Wars fan club. I think the link is Link Removed . I found mine at WalMart and have been seeing a lot of them there. If not WalMart try Target. Those seem to be the best bets for picking them up not online.
Not sure about the Plo Koon. I found mine at a WalMart when it first came out. If you cannot find it online at Brians Toys it might be tough to find. At least that is my experience. Maybe check out amazon.com.
Good Luck and happy hunting.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Is R4-M9 rare?
No joke, the best place not on-line to find figures is in country Wal-Marts in the middle of nowhere. I found a shit load of old figures in Wal-Marts in southern West Virginia and East Kentucky. I knew BFE and God's Country were good for something. :laugh:

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
I totally agree with you on that. I usually save money for when I go to visit my parents. My dad lives in Scottsbluff, Ne and I always find hard to find figures in the Walmart. My mom lives in Casper Wyo and it seems they always have the target exclusives at thier target. I don't know what it is but maybe people in BFE just don't collect Star Wars toys like those in the city.

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
So who is going to pick up the Playskool action colletion sets? I have been eyeing these things and they are pretty dang cool. I have my eyes on the x-wing adventure and the Millinium Falcon adventure. The Stompin Wampa and fast thru the forrest are cool also.

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
Well I have not found any yet in this current batch. Supposively the accessory sets and the Micro machines are going to be target exclusive this year.

I actually scored today in my search of the Local K Bee. I found a Bloody Hand luke. You might want to check you local K Bee mine had tons of the new set of Darth and Luke.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Well I am pumped! Just picked up the Bespin Duel Action Figures for Vader and Luke. In reading this thread it looks like they were supposed to be out in May but I haven't seen them at any local Wmart, Kmart, Toys RUS, Target etc...until today. Luke's right hand is off! Too cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just added this obsession so I am a newbie with collecting. I've gone back and found some cool Ep. I figures and have most of the Ep. II figures I want. How do most of you display these? Bookcase? Opened up? Glass display? Thanks for any advice...:)

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome to the obsession that is Star Wars collecting. For me I usually keep most of my 3 3/4" figures in thier cards. I just stick them to the wall. It looks pretty cool to have a wall full of action figures. Vehicles I usually open and display on some shelves in my house and I also open most of my 12" acton figures and display them on shelves. How you display your figures is usually just a personal preference. The key to this hobby is having fun and finding that one rare figure everyone is talking about. Today I found an Endor Rescue Han Solo at Walmart. It was quite a discovery because these just came out. Right now I am still looking for Obi-wan Jedi pilot and Chewbaca Bespin Rescue.

Good luck collecting.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I'm having the hardest of time looking for a Chancellor Palpatine. One of two local Targets had a sail for Slave I for 19.44. I thought that was cool. Oh well, I'm close to catching up. I have almost every figure in the AOTC wave. Also, does anybody also know why Count Dooku is hard to find?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Thanks Mike. Yeah I thought I would open up the Jedi Starfighter and Slave I ships. Plus I landed the nexu (sp?) beast and reek. Still looking for the Acklay. I will probably open them too. The guy at the counter told me about the Han endor rescue and Chewy. I do have the silver anniversary Han & Chewy together that is cool. Thanks for the advice.

Dome,

I think what makes Dooku so irrestible is that 1) he's a bad ass, and 2) there's the hologram of the emperor attached. BTW, I have one! Haven't seen one since mid-may. Good luck!

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
I got the Chanceller Palenpine online for 9.99. I probably paid to much for since in the next couple of weeks they will probably start showing up at walmart. I think Hasbro is doing a good job of producing a lot of these figures. Just give it time and they should start showing up. For the Count Dooku. Have you checked Kay Bee and Target? I have seen quite a few in my local stores. Walmart has never had him but Kay Bee always has one or two on the shelves. Anouther thing about Kay Bee. I asked the store clerk when they recieve thier shipments and I guess it is every two weeks on Monday or Tuesday. Mine is supposed to get a new Shipment next week so I will problably head there to check for the Red and Yellow 12" Clone troopers. You might want to check with your local clerk and find out when shippments come in.

Well that is it for now. I am still checking daily at the fan club for the 12" Ki-adi exclusive and despertly waiting for the 12" SuperBattle droid and 12" Count Dooku.

Happy Hunting.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I already have a Dooku figure, I'm looking for one for my older brother. To be honest, the best way to get figures is at two/three/four in the morning before Wal-Mart stocks them on the shelves. The way I heard it works is that the stock boys are supposed to have everything on the shelves by a certain point, and sometimes they're either too lazy or busy with some other department. I don't know how many times I've found "rare" (not really rare, but you know what I mean) figures by asking a nice old lady to open up a box of Hasbro Star Wars figures toys and lo and behold, I get the figures I want.

The nearest K B Toy store has no new figure, just a bunch of old ones (I got a Slave Leia Deluxe and that creepy lizard looking guy).

Oh well, how has everybody gone about putting the stickers inside of Slave I?

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
I have thought about using the open a box please way of getting figures but have never done it. Right now it might be the only way to find the Chewbacca and the Obi wan Jedi pilot figures. I might have to get it a try. So is the Slave I worth buying? I have an orginal from 1983 so I have not bought one of the new ones yet but I tempted with the sale at Target.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks