What's new

Star Wars Action Figures Thread? (1 Viewer)

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
Does one exist. If not I want to start one. I got quite a collection but I am dying for the next series of the Episode II figures to come out and also am searching desperatly for the Darth Vader Bespin and Luke Bespin. Anybody finding these anywhere or know when they are supposed to start showing up? I have heard May but there are 30 days in this month.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
im glad you decided to start a thread on this. as far as i know.. they will be out as soon as the movie will be released. now don't quote me on that. luke and vader are in the mace windu wave so they are held back bc of association. :D i know that lucas didn't want anymore figures put out until the movie came out and some of the more important characters were not released so soon because of spoilers with them. i assume that the stores will have the cases and will put them out on the 17th. just a guess though.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
guys help me with this. I have all 27 from the first round. How many more will be coming out and when ??

thanks

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Does anybody know what a set of 12 figures - still on the cards, unpunched, no price stickers - from the 1977 release are worth? These are the "12-back" design, which were the first figures ever made for Star Wars. I've been sitting on these for over 20 years. I've seen individual figures go for between $50-250 on Ebay, but I was wondering what a full set of the 12 might fetch. Any ideas?

Thanks...

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
Hey Peter I'll give you 5 dollars and used toothbrush for them:D Just kidding. I looked in my Toy Review and could not find any thing from 1977 just the early bird kit. The earliest I can find is the star wars first release 1978 3 3/4. If those are what your talking about your are about to get real happy. They are going for some big bucks. Jawa:Plastic cape says 3,500 ,Plane Jawa 285 dollars.
All are over 200 dollars. Don't know what they are selling for, but with the new movie coming out, so will the buyers. I would go and get a price guide and try to find out for sure.

David King

Stunt Coordinator
Gregg
The next 2 waves have already been hitting.powercollectibles already has them (a wee bit expensive though).
Next Wave:
Jango Fett (Final Battle), Mace Windu (Genosian Rescue), Darth Vader (Bespin Duel), and Luke Skywalker (Bespin Duel)
2nd Wave:
Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master), Endor Rebel Soldier, Massiff, and Orn Free Taa
Of course, only 2 of each wave are from AOTC.
And Peter:
In one word "Priceless". In reality, condition is everything.
Did anyone attend the Celebration II and get the Jorg Sacul figure? I had to pay $100 for it on ebay :frowning:

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Mike:
Thanks for the advice; I will seek out a price guide. I just checked and I realized I do not have a Jawa figure, either version. So I only have 11 figures, plus 5 from the second wave (Snaggletooth, et al). Another fast scan of Ebay shows common selling prices of the 12-backs of $150 and up, apiece. I can live with that ;) .
Maybe I'll hold off selling until Episode III comes out. :)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Did anyone attend the Celebration II and get the Jorg Sacul figure? I had to pay $100 for it on ebay
Got more than five, and less than seven Sacul figures. :b

Two for me (one to open, one to keep), one for a co-worker, and the other three for tradebait. Was going to offer them for the eight new figures, but found the eight figures before I could trade for them. I'll trade them up eventually for some odd-ball stuff I'm missing from the past seven years, like maybe the second wave of Episode I accessory packs or something. Cool fig, really looks like George underneath the helmet.

-mwb-

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
I was also at Celebration 2 and able to pick up the Jorg Sacul figure. Headed to the store first thing every day to make sure I got them.

David King

Stunt Coordinator
really looks like George underneath the helmet
I received mine already, but I wouldn't know as they just had to put the helmet on the figure inside the package :angry: :angry: :angry: I think they under exaggerated his wasteline though, looks more like the late 80s lucas. Why couldn't they use that Jek Porkins body :).

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
Dang, I really wanted the Bloody luke hand. I guess I will have to put it in the list of figures I keep looking for. Has anyone found the Dexter Jexter with the Pipe accessory. Supposively Hasbro released an early version of the figure with the pipe but later dropped the pipe so that they did not have the anti smoking campaign comming after them. I was just wondering if anyone has found it because I have not seen it anywhere.

I am starting to hear rumors that WalMart has the new figures out here in Colorado. I guess I am stopping at the WalMart on my way home to check it out.

One other thing. Is anyone going to the premieres of Episode II this Sunday? I bought my tickets about 6 weeks ago. $250 donation but it is really now starting to sound like it was worth it. Not only am I getting to see the movie early but they are also including a gift package when entering the theater. This package includes a t-shirt, a movie poster, some books, cards, and an action figure. I can't wait. I will post what I get after I get back on Sunday. I am also curiious to find out what they are handing out at the other pre screenings.

May the Force be with you.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Yowch! I've been looking for the AOTC Yoda figure for my wife to give her for our 21st anniversary this Friday. That thing is HARD to find. Ended up buying one off Ebay.

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone used www.brianstoys.com to buy action figures. I have used them a lot to get ones that I am missing from the old Power of the Force line? Great site, easy to navigate, fairly good prices, and everything is shipped in mint condition. Sometimes they even through in an extra figure. Just wanted to suggest it. Sometimes you can get a better deal then ebay.

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
Ok,

The WalMart in my town stinks. I have given up the search and placed an order on line. Cost me $4 more each figure which I don't consider to bad of a price jump. Basically it is the $9.99 retail rathen the the $5.88 WalMart price. I have to own the Bespin Luke and Bespin Vader. "They are my friends I have to save them."

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
NOte: I think they are doing away with this feature, the blood was in bad taste. You are one lucky dog for finding it. They have stopped doing the blood and put the peg on the hand instead of the wrist. Take a look at powercollectables version (click on the pic once you get there for a larger view), it should be different than yours. Yours of course is much more rare, but enjoy the figure and don't kick yourself later on for opening it.
Yeah, I just caught this on Rebelscum.com a few minutes ago. Weird--apparently people are really going crazy for this new variation. Eh, personally, I'm not into variations at all, but for a loose figure, I'm glad I have the bloody version instead of the clean version. Just looks better I think. I'm glad I opened it, anyway--it is too cool of a figure to leave un-opened, variation or not. :)
-mwb-

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
yeah the Bespin Luke and Vader might need to be opened. I usually don't open my figures but those two are just screaming for me to open. I figure if I can find them at WalMart or Target for less then $6 then I won't mind opening them and I can keep the ones I ordered on line in the package. I just hope I don't fall into the half to buy two action figures. I don't know if my budget can survive. Well 2 more days till I get to see Episode II I can't wait and it will be cool to compare the action figures to the actual characters in the movie. I love checking out the detail. These new ones are pretty awsome though. Probably my favorite line since the Kenner Orginals.

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
These new ones are pretty awsome though. Probably my favorite line since the Kenner Orginals.
I agree, especially with the bespin luke/vader. I think they might be the two best looking SW figures ever. I was lucky enough to pick them up last week. With all these cool new figures coming out, my funds are diminishing rapidly!:D

David King

Stunt Coordinator
While were on the loose figure subject, does anybody know where to get a large glass bookshelf style display case and action stands to put the figures on (note: cheaper than the fan club for the stands)?

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I got tired of looking for these figures in my area. Off to Ebay I went.
So far I got a Yoda, Bespin Luke, and a Bespin Vader. Paid about $10 total for each one. I am now bidding on a Dooku/Bespin Vader combo (I have to open the Vader ;) ).
-Dean-

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah I went to planetactionfigure and ordered the set with Bespin Luke and Vader. $9.99 each figure. I just could not wait for my WalMart to get them. I think I am going to go check KMart tonight. Supposively they have a sale with buy one get the next one 1/2 off. I figure I can buy the remaining figures I need out of the first wave and maybe pickup some Legos. On another note. Saw Episode II this weekend and all I got to say is WoW this movie Kicks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks