What's new

Star Wars 45TH Anniversary May 25 1977 (1 Viewer)

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Happy 45TH Anniversary Star Wars ! :D Released on this day Wednesday May 25, 1977 :)
aaaaaa star-wars-movie-poster-1977-original.jpg

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
I was deceived by the header of this post. I was rather hoping for an 'anniversary' someone at Disney would deign to release the un-altered edition of this immortal screen classic and its original two sequels without the Lucas revisions. Silly me. This will never happen!

Dick

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I was rather hoping for an 'anniversary' someone at Disney would deign to release the un-altered edition of this immortal screen classic and its original two sequels without the Lucas revisions. Silly me. This will never happen!

Agreed. Disney? Do something for the fans? :rolling-smiley: :rolling-smiley: :rolling-smiley:

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I had tickets to see it in 70mm next week (original, except for "Episode IV – A New Hope"), but I gave them away, as I have no interest in being in a sold out movie theater right now. I saw this print in 2019 and it was stunning.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I remember a commercial radio ad for the film before it was released (WIFI 92 in the Philly area). The ad claimed something to the effect of never before has so much time and technology ever gone into one film.

Clark Green

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Clark Green
I still remember where I sat in the theater as a wide eyed kiddo on opening weekend of SW back in '77. :)

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
I still remember where I sat in the theater as a wide eyed kiddo on opening weekend of SW back in '77. :)
Me too, as a young adult. My girlfriend and I decided relatively last-minute to go, and we were surprised at the crowd waiting to get in. We were the last two allowed into the theater for that show, but we got two seats together in the last row. The ushers were dressed in Storm Trooper costumes (which I thought weird because I knew nothing about those characters at the time), and they handed us "May the Force Be With You" buttons, which also meant nothing to us then, before seeing the movie. I still have the button, but not the girlfriend.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Star Wars will never be a Fathom Event. They are too popular.

I’m waiting for everyone to bash Disney for not making it available for regular repertory screenings, while also conveniently forgetting that Fox and Lucasfilm never did either.

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Gilmore
I’m waiting for everyone to bash Disney for not making it available for regular repertory screenings, while also conveniently forgetting that Fox and Lucasfilm never did either.

Actually, that may be changing? There are two scheduled showings in the Bay Area this summer, one at the Castro Theater, and one as part of a Star Wars series in San Rafael.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Empire strikes back received screenings for its 40th. I managed to catch it in theaters and it was incredible.

Return of the Jedi next year makes sense for its 40th too.

OwenRubin

Grip
I was deceived by the header of this post. I was rather hoping for an 'anniversary' someone at Disney would deign to release the un-altered edition of this immortal screen classic and its original two sequels without the Lucas revisions. Silly me. This will never happen!
I agree, would ,I’ve to see a remastered release of the original movies unaltered I have the Japanese release on laser disk (the main reason I keep that LDplayer on my rack) of the first three movie which look fairly good through my line doubler. (And they have the wonderful THX opening too.j But I would love to see a UHD release of the original films myself. But you are right, never happen. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RGG
Recent bookmarks