What's new

Star Wars 1-8 4K Steelbook? (1 Viewer)

drdave319

Agent
Real Name
David E. Gillespie II
Seems that Best Buy is not offering individual Steelbooks for Episodes 1 through 8 for the 4K releases.
(at least, there's nothing on their site about them!)

Has anyone heard or seen anything about this?
I don't want the big "box set" as I'd much rather get the individual Steelboxes (or one big Steelbook "collection").

So disappointed...

Dave

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
They're getting an exclusive box set of the entire saga.

I know this isn't what people will want to hear, but I suspect that they don't want to compete with themselves and wish to direct customers to buying the big set as versus also having exclusives for the individual titles.

That being said, didn't they get a 4K steelbook for The Last Jedi when it was originally released in 2018?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
BTW, has anyone seen the artwork for the regular 4k editions? Truly horrible.

Here's ANH. The rest are just as bad. Star Wars home video hasn't had good artwork on the releases since the earliest days of VHS, but these are a new low.
1f3a3b25ef7caf7f899b95a5fee33bda_XL.jpg

By contrast, here was the artwork on the first three movies on VHS:
Original-1.jpg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Those are the same artwork used for the DVD re-releases last fall. I'm not surprised at all that Disney is reusing them.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'd prefer the poster art but outside of that, I always liked the "faces" cover from the 1994 or '95 laserdisc and VHS releases. The special edition posters were cool especially since they ended up matching the prequel posters too.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The steelbook version of A New Hope in 4k is out now, from Zavvi. They've taken orders for all the other films as well, which will be coming in the weeks ahead. All of the steelbooks use the original movie poster art, except (for some reason) Empire Strikes Back, which uses the original teaser poster art.

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks