What's new

Star Trek Voyager season 2 for 26.99 at blockbuster preorder. (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
right now, might not last long.
if you preorder this at BBV it is only 26.99 + tax.
follow this thread..

http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=353268

QUICK TIP
when they do a preorder it only lets your prepay total minus $1.00. so to be able to get around the $1 thing, you(csr) have to hit NO to the deposit field on the computer. It will let you pay the full price ($27) at that point.

i suggest you prepay the entire am't as this will lock in the payment and price and no additional charges will need to be paid.
if your store wont let you do that go to another store and try.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Went over and paid for one this morning.

Hope this doesn't blow-up later, got a little nervous when the Manager came over to help a newbie ring the preorder.

Decided to pay cash in full to avoid any possibility of them re-ringing my card for the full amount before pickup.

This is a seriously good deal.

Now I just need to Ebay S1 before March.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Had my wife swing by to order this, since she's the one that wants voyager anyways. The guy ringing her up recognized that it was obviously the wrong price, but still didn't have any problem selling it to her for that price. She'll owe the $1 when she picks it up because he didn't know how to make it pay in full. He also apparently related a tale of how one of the LoTR gift sets was originally priced wrong and was ringing up real cheap.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
works for me, and no one else mentioned it not working.

try it again, clear cache',..etc.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Blockbuster my wife ordered the set at hasn't gotten it in, didn't have the slightest clue when it would come in, and didn't have the slightest clue how their inventory system worked at all. All they could do is bring up the screen that said they had one copy on order, and that it wasn't in stock. Heck, they even claimed they had no influence over what was shipped in, and that it was all determined by the central offices. And this from a clueless idiot that barely looked old enough to drive that had a Manager tag. About all they could do was say talk to the real store manager, who won't be in for two days. Amazes me that the store actually manages to function at all.

Frank@N

Screenwriter

It could be worse...they didn't refuse you yet at least.

Just read through the DVDtalk thread and *alot* of people are getting denied outright at pickup (even if they paid in full).

"Price is subject to change" Ouch!

Think I got lucky: only one copy was pre-ordered at my store, I paid in full, showed up at 10AM to get it, and didn't have to deal with a manager.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well the way i look at it is that it is supposed to be about $100.
if you able to get one at bbv for $30, then great job,
but if the store said no go then oh well, it wasnt supposed to be that cheap anyway.

Frank@N

Screenwriter

Well...

I considered my pre-order / paid-in-full paperwork to be a contract to deliver goods in exchange for a specific amount of money.

I half expected BB to call me or mail me in advance that they could not meet their obligation.

After not being contacted in advance, I was determined to get my set on release day.

After all, by locking-in with them we had to pass up any other pre-order deals.

Anyone who did not get their set after paying in full and in advance was done a disservice, IMHO

Rick Samundsen

Stunt Coordinator
I just paid $29.35 out the door for Voyager season 2 at a local BBV. Initially they wouldn't let me leave a deposit or pay in full. When the cashier scanned the box it came up 129.99. Luckely, she honored the price that was on the original order form.
Thanks for the heads up on this deal,

Rick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks