What's new

Star Trek: TOS: The Roddenberry Vault Season One (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I've texted Santa to let him / her know..

Sequel in the works for this set?

I wish I could've bought the documentary that was created for the 50th box set.

I also have not bought the animated series blu ray set. They are on prime and I've watched a few of them.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The encoding errors are unforgivable and I wish CBS/Paramount had responded to that.

We should not be seeing interlacing artifacts in 2016 on material that originated on film.

Netflix, iTunes and the other video services would have immediately rejected the video as it appears on the disc.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That's the other thing, but at least that's not a technical mistake that someone was too cheap or incompetent to fix.

I remember watching the documentaries and hearing multiple people who worked on the set interviewed in them, saying variations of the phrase "When you see the footage...". But I don't feel that I actually saw it, because watching deleted scenes with talking heads interrupting them and speaking over them doesn't really feel like watching a deleted scene.

Camper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Dennis
Each of the 12 episodes featured should have had an option to watch the deleted scenes from that episode separately. Watch the documentary on occasion and look at the deleted scenes every time you revisit the episode. Bad mistake. When I watch COTEOF -- I don't want to dig out the documentaries spread out over 3 discs and try to figure where the deleted scenes were.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It arguably a good introduction to Classic ST if someone is not familiar especially at that price as it includes some of the best episodes ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks