Star Trek TOS DVD

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Osato, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Osato

Osato Producer

Feb 7, 2001
    I'm curious if anyone knows why the alternate version of Where No Man Has Gone Before was not included on the Star Trek TOS box sets.
    There is an additional 3 minutes of footage, alternate music, and a voiceover by Kirk at the beginning of the episode. I have also learned that the version is divided into acts or chapters, but have not seen it.

This would have been nice to see and of great value to Star Trek fans, I believe.
  2. paul_austin

paul_austin Second Unit

Jun 16, 2002
    I wondered the same thing, this has never been released and only been seen at conventions and on bootlegs. I would have also like to have seen the famous star trek bloopers and original NBC bumpers on these sets.
  3. MichaelColvin

MichaelColvin Stunt Coordinator

Apr 7, 2005
    What I would have liked to have seen is the following: A few years back, the Sci-FI channel had the syndication rights to TOS. They had a bunch of episode introductions from the major characters (Shatner, Nimoy I remember, could be more) It would have been great to have included these on the Boxed Sets. I'm certain it was too complicated to do between them and Paramount.

What would be really smart of the Sci-Fi channel to re-coup some of there costs is to release just the interviews on one disc, as an "extra" sort of thing, to try to cash-in on the series' being released in boxed sets.

I know that I would enjoy seeing it...

cheers, Michael [​IMG]