What's new

Star Trek TNG "The Best of Both Worlds" Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
With season three about to be released I kind of find it odd they are also releasing what most fans consider the 2 best episodes (or one depending if you count it as one) of the TNG series. Just curious about the specs though. Amazon lists it as 1.85:1 but the season sets have been 1.33:1. Anyone know what the real specs are? The trailer is 1.33:1 so I'm thinking it'll be the same but it's perhaps the theatrical cut on April 25th would be in 1.85:1? http://www.startrek.com/article/check-out-trailer-for-tng-best-of-both-worlds-blu-ray http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Generation-Worlds-Blu-ray/dp/B00BAXTY8U/ref=wl_mb_recs_4_dp

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Should be 1.33:1 pillarboxed. Amazon frequently makes mistakes. Actually this sounds like a pretty cool idea. Best of Both Worlds could have been an incredible movie if they had the budget and seeing a film edit of it would be a great "what if?"

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Lord Dalek View Post Should be 1.33:1 pillarboxed. Amazon frequently makes mistakes. Actually this sounds like a pretty cool idea. Best of Both Worlds could have been an incredible movie if they had the budget and seeing a film edit of it would be a great "what if?"[/quote[ The only problem of BOBW as a "movie" is that wonderful cliff-hanger falls completely flat when sandwiched together with part 2. I suspect this disc is going to be nothing more than the two episodes cut together with the cliffnanger/reprise taken out. If enough film elements of alternate/deleted scenes exist for this story, though, it would be a great opportunity to do a 'special edition' re-edit to make it "different enough" for most fans to want it.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
My best guess is this will be the movie version which was released overseas on DVD but not in the States. It's also going to be shown at the April theater event for S3. If it's anything but 1.33, I'll expect the pitchforks to be out for CBS.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I don't see any reason this couldn't have been included in one of the season sets, other than a way to grab a little more cash out of the franchise. :rolleyes: If anything, it could have been included in the sets and be available standalone for those not willing to fork out for the sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks