What's new

Star Trek TNG Season 1 pricing... (1 Viewer)

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
I just ordered mine from dvdempire $97.95.

More then I can spend for 1 month, but I have to have it!

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I'm gonna wait til this comes out and see if my local BJ's Wholesale Club carries it. They do carry Trek films, and other TV boxed sets... and their prices on boxed sets tend to be 10%-15% lower than most e-tailers. I got The Godfather movie boxed set there for $64.99, while most e-tailers were in the $75 range.

-Scott

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I'm assuming that the Canadian outfits will have the best prices, like on X-Files boxes, so I'm waiting till I see what they have to offer. I might pay $75 for these, but I'm not shelling out $100 or more.

Chris M

Second Unit
I checked out Link Removed and saw them list the price for season 1 as $129.99.... ouch! I only payed $109 for X-Files seaons and the MSRP was about the same.
Chris.

Hakan Powers

Stunt Coordinator
In my experience canadian sites are allways more expensive on paramount titles.

A $29.95 (USD) Fox title might retail for $17-20 (USD) while a $29.95 (USD) Paramount title retails for $23.95 (USD).

I've seen this at both DV-Depot and A&B Sound.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Looks like this is going to settle into the high 90s everywhere. DVD Planet has it up for $97.99. At least I can use EBates with them and get 5% back.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Well, then I'll pass. The series wasn't good enough to justify that pricetag. Maybe I'll pick one up cheaper on eBay in a few months; X-Files boxes go there for a song nowadays.

PatrickM

Screenwriter
I'm assuming that the Canadian outfits will have the best prices, like on X-Files boxes, so I'm waiting till I see what they have to offer. I might pay $75 for these, but I'm not shelling out $100 or more.
You'd be correct. I posted it in the other thread but I'll post it here again. I found that on www.cnl.com it is listed at $120.94 CAD or basically $77USD. That's the best pricing I've seen so far and I anticipate that Futureshop will probably drop their price close to that level as they always do.
Patrick

Tom Boucher

Second Unit
Real Name
Tom
I got it pre-ordered at DVD EMpire for $97.xx. Don't remember, didn't really pay attention the the price. Just clicked ADD TO CART and went on ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
In a previous post (I forget which one of the zillions of TNG threads I put it in), I mentioned that Best Buy's website showed that the TNG Box Set would go for $119.99, but includes a free CD-ROM for your PC that includes all the scripts and trailers that aren't included on the DVD set (all 7 season's worth).
Well, Best Buy's website now shows that same package deal (Season 1 plus the CD-ROM) available for pre-order for just $99.99!!!
Wow! :eek: I know where I'm buying it!
Question: does anyone know what BB's policy is about pre-ordering for one price and then matching a first-week sale price at time of pickup? I'd hate to pay $99.99 for the pre-order and then see it at BB for, say, $89.99 as a first week loss leader special!!

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Speaking about Deep Discount DVD, as in the first post, has anyone had a problem ordering from them?

I ordered a DBZ DVD from them a week ago, since it was so cheap and free shipping, I saved a good 8$'s. But, when five days passed with no confirmation order and no product in the mail, I sent them an email.

They told me it was probably a glitch in their system, and I should order again, since nothing appeared in the Order Status Window. So, I did. Two days later, still no confirmation email that the order went through, but it IS in the Order Status Window, with the phraze 'open order' under it..

Any ideas?

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
David....I know Best Buy's in-store policy will refund 110% of the difference for movies, if you find a cheaper price within 30 days. I'm in BB so much I always go in on Sundays and get a little $$ back to go towards my next purchase. Not sure if BBonline will handle it the same way though.

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Don't know if they're any good, but northamericandvd.com has it for $87.99 ... better deals like this may emerge in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks