What's new

Star Trek: TNG - "Parallels" question (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
In some scenes of this episode, Data has blue eyes. It's a small change, but it was very disconcerting. A "Trek Snafus" page has this as the explanation:

Is this a known Trek fact? I just can't believe he could forget his contacts or that the director could miss that fact. I assume it was a very subtle (well, not so subtle, since it leaped out of the screen at me) attempt to show Data as he existed in an alternate universe.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I don't know. If it was intentional, it was probably Brent Spiner's idea, and he probably suggested to go without the gold makeup, which they probably rejected as not being subtle enough, but they compromised on the contacts. That's my theory.

However, I think that if it was scripted then there would have been a line in the script pointing it out to make sure the audience sees it. So if it was intentional then it happened while the episode was shot, not in the script.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I'm sure this was intentional. The episode was all about parallel universes that Worf was jumping around through. You could say they made a mistake by wearing the wrong communicators or the wrong uniforms or why wasn't Picard in that one universe.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just had a look at that episode. It looks intentional to me and the blue eyes looked to be blue contacts as well.

I had forgotten how good Troi looked back then!:b

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I think she got better with age. The blue Starfleet uniform was much more flattering than that purple thing she wore in previous seasons, and she looked good in the movies, too. Maybe it's just the new uniforms, but I'm noticing Beverly more than I did in earlier seasons.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Pretty sure it was intentional. (Especially as it was only for one sequence/alternate timeline.)

I can't see how an actor who has played the same role for years could "forget" something like putting their contacts in. (Having worn F/X contacts, I can't see how ANYONE could forget...)

I love that ep. And yeah, Troi looks amazing. :)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member

In one season (Season 3?) Gates McFadden was pregnant and they did everything they could to keep you from noticing her. The green lab coat, for example.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

Not to mention that she stopped wearing her hair in that stupid bun, and they ceased with the pale make-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks