What's new

Star Trek:TNG dvd info at star trek.com!!!!!.... (1 Viewer)

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
May I ask what exactly you are doing to your DVD cases?
David,

In most cases people are very careful with their cases. I doubt he was abusing them. What I have found to be a problem is

1) glue - on some boxes it holds fine, others not so good. Might have something to do with climate, I don't know.

2) bent - no mater how careful you are something is gonna get bent, dented or torn. Hell, they are usually dented right from the store. If I do get one at a store I dig for the best I can find. Sliding on shelves and in between other cases doesn't help cardboard either.

3) oil - from fingerprints (I suppose some here may answer that with they handle theirs with white gloves).

Those are just three examples (there are more I am sure others have issue with). These examples do not take into account accidents which you may have no control over. Bottom line is they do not last as long as plastic. Repeated opening, closing, sliding will damage cardboard and when that happens it can't be replaced. Keepcases break and get damaged as well but in most cases it's a simple matter of placing the cover insert in another case.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I forgot to add, when you have nothing but keepcases on your shelves (like I do and I am almost up to 800) you can't beat the look. Not one snapper or oversized fold out box set sticking out. Everything is nice and uniform.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who thinks that this plan releases things a little too quickly? True, there will be people who will keep up with the releases, but with the increasing number of titles being released and fighting for shelf space, what are the odds of some of the boxes falling by the wayside? I have to say that I think Fox has the right idea so far-2 boxes a year should keep people happy and waiting for the next one. While it's true that I would support a faster release schedule for the Simpsons, my wallet is glad that they're doing things at the pace they are...

Spero D

Second Unit
Chris not quick enough for me. 1 Season Boxset release per month of TNG and Voyager together would be just fine by me :) Paramount has got it right IMO in regards to the release dates of its boxsets. Here is where I think Fox should learn from Paramount. 12 Seasons of the Simpsons and I could of had many of those by now. But just because they are out each other month doesn't mean you have to buy them there and then.
Spero D.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't think there's much chance you won't be able to find the boxes if you don't pick them up immediately. On the other hand, with 21 of these things due (TNG, DS9, Voyager), I'm extremely happy they're coming out in this fashion. Otherwise, it would be a real long wait for the boxes I really want.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I'd pre-order the entire set of seven seasons right now if I could. All seven seasons released on the same day... now that would be quick.

On a side note I am surprised I have not been able to find pre-orders for season one yet.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I forgot to add, when you have nothing but keepcases on your shelves (like I do and I am almost up to 800) you can't beat the look. Not one snapper or oversized fold out box set sticking out. Everything is nice and uniform.
Man, no offense but I've just NEVER understood everyone's concern with this uniformity.
Y'all have just never collected shelves and shelves of BOOKS, have you? Never two books alike... :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Nigel, you're not counting two disc-holders that are folded behind the shot of the Enterprise-D. There are places for 7 discs in that shot. Looks all right, too...but I don't care what the thing comes in, as long as it comes.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Y'all have just never collected shelves and shelves of BOOKS, have you? Never two books alike...
Actually I had over 3500 at one time before this DVD thing took control of me. Those are the shelves I am currently using (only 6" deep). However, since they were all paperbacks they were pretty much the same. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
What's a trade? The same size as my Left Behind series?
Never read the title you mention, but a "Trade Paperback" is any paperback that has a cover different from the "standard massmarket size" (105 mm X 174 mm).

For instance, a Garfield book as opposed to the "normal" Star Trek novel.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Thanks David. I do have all the Garfields and Farside books but they are in my daughters bedroom. I also have all the Spider-Man hardbacks but they are on one of those shelf systems you buy in a store and put together.

Jorossy

Stunt Coordinator
Another reason to buy the dvd's:

Not only does TNN distorts the picture, they are now broadcasting it in MONO.

Hell, I'll pay the $100 for them.

Jorossy

Stunt Coordinator
No Jeff, I have DirecTV. Last night after Mono Trek a rodeo show came on, and it was in stereo. Also, here was last week's Monday night programming:
8pm - Mono Trek
9pm - Stereo WWF RAW then
11:05pm - Mono Trek
You do the math.:D :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks