What's new

Star Trek :TNG Boxed Set Packaging (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Please, oh please Mr. Blythe DO NOT use "The Godfather" packaging scheme with the your upcoming release of the Star Trek :TNG Boxed Set. Please, oh please Mr. Blythe use the X-Files packaging scheme. Your non-standard scheme for "The Godfather" is, in polite terms, BAD. Thank you for your kind attention & consideration. Live long and prosper!

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Please Oh Please use Stargate season one packaging scheme. Each disc gets it's own keepcase with artwork on front and back.
smiley_spidey.gif
Frank
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nightdog&acceptadult=true
usa_small.gif

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
While I might regret this in a few years when a cardboard box-type thingie falls apart, I will say for now that I prefer - for 3-or-more disc sets like this - an X-Files or Simpsons type case, instead of the StarGate SG-1 type of a-keepcase-for-each-disc storage.
Why? Because my DVD storage space is large, but not infinite. I'll take any space-savers I can get, but in good quality sturdy packaging. I don't endorse cardboard for 2-disc sets, like X-Men and Close Encounters did (in fact I prefer Cast Away or Jesus of Nazareth cases at best and Abyss or Supergirl at worst).
I'm still trying to find places for all of my Star Trek: TOS and Best of The Muppet Show cases...
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TV-DVD.jpg

MORE TV ON DVD, PLEASE!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I would prefer Stargate style packaging, or perhaps a combination of that style packaging with the double-disc cases such as Gladiator and Cast Away.
------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I can certainly understand and agree with people when they point out that TOS disc's take up a lot of room. But we know Paramount will put more than 2 episodes per disc on TNG so we know each season will not be 11 or 12 disc's. If you have Stargate season one collection compair it to X-Files collection. Is the space saved worth getting a cardboard box that will wear out?
Another nice thing about keepcase collections is you can get the disc you want without having to unfold the entire package. More art work (even more if they do inserts). Best of all, if for some reason the plastic gets damaged it's real easy to replace.
Try to replace Godfather, X-Files, Sopranos, Close Encounters type packaging. Also try to remember how many complains have we seen on that type of package. I may be wrong but I can't remember one complaint on Stargate season one collection.
smiley_spidey.gif
Frank
------------------
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nightdog&acceptadult=true
usa_small.gif

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I can certainly understand and agree with people when they point out that TOS disc's take up a lot of room. But we know Paramount will put more than 2 episodes per disc on TNG so we know each season will not be 11 or 12 disc's. If you have Stargate season one collection compair it to X-Files collection. Is the space saved worth getting a cardboard box that will wear out?
I have 3 boxes of X-Files, and I'm very happy with them. They show no wear. In theory, cardboard wears out and plastic doesn't, but that's only in theory. With care, they last just fine. I have 1000+ DVD's and I plan to buy many more. Space is a definate issue for me -- especially when we're talking seven seasons. Also, remember that Stargate has fewer episodes per season than a season of Trek.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I entirely agree with John - SG-1 style boxsets using thin double-alphas are the best solution. They won't take up too much space, but will still look impressive on the shelf. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks