What's new

Pre-Order Star Trek: The Original 4-Movie Collection (4k UHD Combo) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Yup.

Same for "III" with all its soft focus shots.

Like I said, the films involved here were never gonna look great in an objective sense. Too many murky visuals involved.

The new transfers won't be "hey, look at how awesome 4K is!" material to show your friends, but at least they feel like film!
I mean yeah, they probably look a lot better than the previous transfers but only because said transfers were THAT bad. Otherwise don't expect Imax.

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I never cancelled my pre-order, and although I really didn't feel I needed it I decided to get it anyway (the box art is great, if nothing else). I love these films too much not to support a set like this.

Not to turn it into an "I hate Amazon" thread, but what happened to them? they used to be beautiful...I have a feeling I'll be lucky if I get the set by Friday. Maybe later.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Not to turn it into an "I hate Amazon" thread, but what happened to them? they used to be beautiful...I have a feeling I'll be lucky if I get the set by Friday. Maybe later.
I’m sure the pandemic has something to do with it. I only just placed my pre-order this morning, I meant to place it weeks ago but kept forgetting, and there was no immediate delivery estimate at all. Though I got plenty of stuff to keep me busy so I’m fine being patient.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Unless I'm missing it surely there were people into 20th Century (1970s) Retro fashion in the 23rd Century - there's one in every bunch ;)!

That would be like someone today wearing clothes from the early 1800s.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Bullmoose has this pre-order available for $77.97 with no tax (outside of Maine) and free shipping.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If you are looking for a deal Deep Discount has it for $67.99 and even with tax it's less than Bullmoose and also comes with free shipping.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
If you are looking for a deal Deep Discount has it for $67.99 and even with tax it's less than Bullmoose and also comes with free shipping.
You can also use the promo code "DEEP10" for an additional 10% discount. This brought my shipped total with tax to only $66.45. Thanks for the heads-up!

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I'd categorize this as a wise use. :)
Or even a Wise use.
William-Shatner-Robert-Wise.jpg

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You can also use the promo code "DEEP10" for an additional 10% discount. This brought my shipped total with tax to only $66.45. Thanks for the heads-up!
I must be getting cheap in my old age as I think I'll wait to purchase this at a cheaper price. I have those first four movies digitally on iTunes so I think the 4K upgrade would do until then. That's if they upgrade which I think they will in the next 48 hours.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I must be getting cheap in my old age as I think I'll wait to purchase this at a cheaper price. I have those first four movies digitally on iTunes so I think the 4K upgrade would due until then. That's if they upgrade which I think they will in the next 48 hours.

Totally understand.

There isn’t a ton of things that I feel strongly about buying anymore. But these are day ones purchases for me. Same with the rest of these films on 4k.

I feel the same way about Star Wars and 007. As soon as I could order the Star Wars films I did. Disney movie club was helpful for those.

I have the 007 films in 4K on iTunes but when / if a set / sets are announced I’ll buy them.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Just saw these posted:

I love reading positive thoughts on TMP! 😁

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I'm about 80% complete with my review of the boxset. I've watched the four films and am loving what they have given me. They're not perfect, and I am having trouble separating source issues with some post-tinkering (though I suspect almost ALL of what I am seeing as challenges are source material driven). But, these are the best I have ever seen these films look and if you're a fan, these are the versions you want.

I'm also listening to the expanded versions of the films while writing the review. I keep getting distracted by how incredible the scores are :)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
My review is up. Forgive any typos - it's been a long day :)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
My review is up. Forgive any typos - it's been a long day :)

Great job!

I saw a “watch” that should be. “Watched” I believe.

I’m with you my favorite flops between the first 2 films too.
I also usually only watch the directors edition of tmp. The new transfer in hd looks amazing and I can’t wait to watch it in true 4K when my set arrives.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I must be getting cheap in my old age as I think I'll wait to purchase this at a cheaper price. I have those first four movies digitally on iTunes so I think the 4K upgrade would do until then. That's if they upgrade which I think they will in the next 48 hours.
The first four films have upgraded to 4K/Dolby Vision on iTunes. As to Star Trek II only the theatrical cut has upgraded to 4K/DV while the director's cut remains in 4K/HDR.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks