What's new

Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 4 (Blu-ray) available for preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91wOjq+B5AL._SL1500_.jpg

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
I'm essentially blind buying these as they're released and watching them for the first time on Blu-ray. I had seen the occasional episode here and there, but only when I was much younger when it was originally airing and I don't really remember it.

I've gotta tell you - this is a wonderful way to experience the show for the first time. I can only imagine how longtime fans feel.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
There are episode promos that listed are bonus features on these Blu-Ray sets,
are these the ones with Ernie Anderson doing the voiceover work?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
MattAlbie60 said:
I'm essentially blind buying these as they're released and watching them for the first time on Blu-ray. I had seen the occasional episode here and there, but only when I was much younger when it was originally airing and I don't really remember it.

I've gotta tell you - this is a wonderful way to experience the show for the first time. I can only imagine how longtime fans feel.
I'm not traditionally a blu-ray buyer. Regular DVD is usually okay for me.

But, the sampler disc lookes amazing, and sold me on the season sets. It looks like a completely different show compared to the 2002 DVDs.

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific
Real Name
Stephen Lilley
I've ended up liking the show quite a bit and briefly considered just watching the rest on Netflix in between season releases. You can imagine my shock with the quality on Netflix, which I assume is pretty representative of what the 2002 DVDs looked like.

Needless to say, I can wait ;)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Anyone know what the deal is with Best of Both Worlds Part 2 -- was it done by CBS Digital like the season 3 episodes or whomever did season 4?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just a guess, but seeing that they just released Best of Both Worlds yesterday on blu ray, and CBS did Season Three's effects work, they probably did parts 1 and 2 at the same time. The episode after The Best of Both Worlds part 2 is Family I think, which has the Enterprise in orbital dry dock over Earth. Hope the B team does a decent job there.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Wow, July 30 (according to Amazon). They're pumping these out much faster than I thought they would. Here's hoping they keep the quality up.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
derosa said:
There are episode promos that listed are bonus features on these Blu-Ray sets,
are these the ones with Ernie Anderson doing the voiceover work?
Yes. With a few exceptions when Ernie didn't do the VO. They can also be found on YouTube on the TrekCore channel. These aren't the "All New Episode" versions...just the regular ones.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
July 30 is great news. The remastering team must have the process working well now and all the footage has been located. Season One was released on July 24th, 2012, and Season Two was released December 4th, 2012. And Season Three April 30, 2013. I just checked to be sure I remembered the dates. The times are getting shorter between seasons, now down to 3 months. Maybe Season 5 by October and Season 6 in January and Season 7 in April?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Nelson Au said:
July 30 is great news. The remastering team must have the process working well now and all the footage has been located.Season One was released on July 24th, 2012, and Season Two was released December 4th, 2012. And Season Three April 30, 2013. I just checked to be sure I remembered the dates. The times are getting shorter between seasons, now down to 3 months. Maybe Season 5 by October and Season 6 in January and Season 7 in April?
I'm betting they save S5 up for Christmas, then 6 and 7 in April and July 2014.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Fantastic to see the pace increasing. We're watching every night and loving the restoration quality. Sent from my Android phone on the HTF App!

Steven_J_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven
I just started season 3 today & the restoration Is incredible!Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Theater Forum mobile app

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
The Obsolete Man said:
I'm betting they save S5 up for Christmas, then 6 and 7 in April and July 2014.
Yes. And then on to DS9--I hope!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
DS9 deserves it. I just hope that the talking heads and bean counters at CBS agree. Sent from my Android phone on the HTF App!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Loving the season 3 release, and picked up the “best of Both Worlds” stand-alone movie as well, still some of the best writing/acting in a single 2 Ep arc that has ever been on TV.

Along with the announcement for season 4 pre order, there is going to be another standalone release this time the season ending cliffhanger Redemption being edited to feature length, is this going to be the trend for the rest of the series, the BoBW has extra features that is specific to that release.

If this helps bring DS9 into the mix I am all for it as well, but before we get too far, would love to see CBS do one more thing before DS9

ST: TAS in HD, was reading and article somewhere at one of the sights along with the original series that they had “voice tracks for a episode’ that was never done? Think that was what was stated, question is how cool would a digital CGI presentation be of the one where just the voice work is? Where it looks like Shatner and Company

ok a little more reserch it was for a video game Secret of Vulcan Fury, so the voice work and everthing is thre already, the story was by DC Fontana, here have a look and see it this would help sell the idea of getting TAS released if it was added

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks