What's new

Star Trek The Next Generation returns to broadcast syndication (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
A DS9 movie (perhaps even theatrical) would be great. What would be best is another series
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ya know, Paul, I've always thought a Trek anthology series would be a really interesting concept. One episode could be set on Romulus and follow Romulan politics while the next could be a Starfleet adventure in the 22nd century, and so on. That would allow a great number of high profile actors to be a part of the show without committing to an entire series.

Think of the possibilities: Starfleet Academy, Borg, Delta Quadrant, untold stories of the Dominion War, an examination of the Tholians. If, as an audience member, you didn't like that particular episode or character, wait until next week when the entire cast changes.

I wish someone had the cajones to do that.

Cary P

Stunt Coordinator
It's hard to believe it's been over twenty years since this show was originally broadcast.

I have to admit, I haven't given it much thought since it's original run ended, but I was a big fan of season 3-5 when it first aired.

Looking back, does it seem that this show hasn't stood the test of time very well?

Whereas TOS seems timeless and classic to this day, with many episodes standing up well to repeat viewing - I've had a hard time going back and watching TNG. I'll take another look come fall.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I have been watching TNG on DVD lately (even reviewed the 'best of' that was just released), but this show manages to be relevant and entertaining just as much today. Season's one and two aesthetically haven't aged quite so well, but there are terrific stories (Measure of a Man, for instance) even in season two.

I am coming to the end of season four, getting ready to get into the Redemption two-parter and am enjoying it thoroughly.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I felt as though Seasons 3 through 6 were *outstanding*; and (mostly) hold up well today ... With one caveat: On a HDTV these episodes look *terrible* compared to the TOS "Remasters". Of course, the show was shot on film and then the 480i SFX shots were composited to video; so that's the reason the transfers exhibit so many artifacts and look so soft. So there's probably not much that can be done about that. But other than the unfortunate visuals, TNG remains a very entertaining example of "anthology" Trek. (Just skip most of Season One except for "Conspiracy".)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks