What's new

Star Trek: The Motion Picture Director's cut - short review (1 Viewer)

paul_v

Second Unit
I purchased the director's cut earlier this week and I must say that this movie is awesome. The last time I saw it was at the theator's and I fell asleep watching it (i was like 8 yrs old hehe). I had never bothered to watch it again cause I had such a bad first impression (I thought it really sucked when I was a kid)
Watching it as an adult I now see an awesome movie. The movie seemed very polished and performances were great. The storyline was very "Next Generation"ish. The musical score...oh my ton-o-bass! The dry dock sequence felt like something out of 2001. Robert Wise's direction is supurb. This movie is now my favorite Star Trek movie and I feel it's a little better then part 2 (Undiscovered country is my third fav).
I did a search here in movies and didnt see a review thread on it so sorry if there is already a review thread.
------------------

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Paul - you'll find posts about this in the Home Theater software section.
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
MyHTSetup

paul_v

Second Unit
I saw those but they were on the DVD presentation itself and director's cut changes. I'm talking about the movie itself, not the DVD =)
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElizabthOno
Recent bookmarks