What's new

Star Trek: The Animated Series on 3/15? (1 Viewer)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Yea, what Katherine said.

I saw that 5.1 sound was a feature on the set too. Yet another of my LD sets will fade away.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
One note on the price...

Since CBS has taken over production and distribution of Paramount shows, I have found the price to be a little more in line with the other studios out there.

That might be a misperception on my part, but they seem to be much better at marketing the Paramount product.

I've been very happy with my "NCIS Season 1" set...and the CBS produced "Amazing Race" sets have been nice as well.

On the animated series...

First of all, it has its own unique musical score -- different, but in the same spirit as Alexander Courage's title theme on TOS.

Personally, I think it is a worthy companion piece to TOS.

I am not a huge Trek fan like some on here, but this show holds up quite well.

There is a lot of stuff that I am going to want this fall, so I dunno if this will make my collection, but I'd recommend it to those who are the least bit interested.

My local independent station played this on Saturday mornings back in the mid-80s about about 6 a.m. I first recorded it thinking it was the original "Star Trek" and that the "half hour" designation in my local newspaper's TV listing was a typo. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was something different.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that price is surprise, what I am gonna do with the extra $64 left in my pocket?

This looks like it will be a nice little set!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very pleased to see such a unique package for this collection, and even more pleased to see the reasonable pricing. Could be one of the great TV-DVD releases of the year.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

That's what I plan on doing *one of these days*...most likely when I get myself a new computer printer and the motivation.

Back to TAS, I am definately on the fence about it, considering I don't and never will have Voyager or Enterprise. We'll see what the rest of November looks like...

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I think it is possible that this box will house a couple of thinpaks inside.

Since CBS took over Paramount's television DVDs, they have implemented thinpaks (like they did on previous CBS releases)...

Bruce F

Agent
Real Name
Bruce
Now, all we need to do is put pressure on Ric Easton to do a replacement cover, so it will go with his "Captain's Collection" ....

Please, Ric? :)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Now that it has been officially announced, perhaps we can change the title of this thread from "on 3/15?" to "on 11/21!"

Just a thought.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

Now that's the Paramount I remember....

At least it's not $100 MSRP

The store discounts will probabaly bring this down the $40 range

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member

You know, I'd like to say that I was wrong but TVSoD's quote of "A suggested price of 62.99" is not so far off that I'll claim otherwise.

F Paramount. That kind of bread for 22 half hour episodes? They can get bent.

Katherine_K

Second Unit

Paramount's attitude that Star Trek fans will pay out the nose is what made me purchase my Star Trek sets almost exclusively on the used market. They're all legit, and with a little patience I paid about $50 for all of them. I get the satisfaction of knowing that at least for me, Paramount lost any profit they could have gotten off of me, because even if they do release them at a more reasonable price point I've already got them.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I have paid more for less. I have no doubt i can find it in the $40 price on release day. This is starting to sound like the Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Brisco County, or Battlestar Galactica threads. I would love to have gotten this set for $25 on release day, but its not a deal breaker at what i know it can be found for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks