What's new

Star Trek: The Animated Series coming to blu in September, but... (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I don't mind the limited animation either. Yes, the stories were mostly good. But the stories are not going to be enhanced by greater resolution. And my fear is, neither is the picture. Not enough to make it worth yet another double dip in a long and insanely irrational line of double dipping...

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I've never actually owned these before, so the Blu-ray is a no-brainer for me. But if I had the DVD set already, I'd probably be waiting for a clearance sale.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
If I didn't have the DVD, yes, this would be an absolute no brainer. I hope I am stunned by the quality and end up getting it.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
If I didn't have the DVD, yes, this would be an absolute no brainer. I hope I am stunned by the quality and end up getting it.

Ok, I have all Star Trek other shows on DVD and have replaced my TOS and TNG with Blu Rays, I plan to re-purchase Enterprise. I am not replacing the cartoon series.
The draw for me was the fact that most of the original cast was back to voice the cartoons, and the writing used many talented writers from the original series.
Really let's face it, the animation is, shall we say, "crap"! No one would remember these if they were not the only game in town when our beloved series was cancelled. I actually would greatly prefer them if they had been done as radio shows.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have my LD box, I have the contemptibly cheap DVD plastic set, it's an easy choice to get the Bluray. It's more of a question of
when and for how much, but anything in the $20 range will be acceptable.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I bought mine at Big Lots for around $10. The BR would have to get to about that price before I'll bite, especially as I've not even watched that DVD set yet.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
st-animated-cover.jpg

11/15/16

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I love the animated series. It's got great writing and voice acting, and I happen to like the animation, minimalist as it is. (The show likely only got made because the animation was cheap.) Filmation had a good run in the 60s and 70s. The animated show no doubt helped the original series in syndication, and with marketing of toys, books, etc., aimed at younger viewers.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
i must have been 10 when this first came out, and yep i was waiting for it on saturday morning then, couple of years of reruns of original series under my belt after school, had me ready for these NEW adventures. it has a sentimental place and is an instant purchase! :D

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Since I'm probably going to hold off purchasing till the price drops, I'd be interested in any reviews of this Blu set, especially when compared with the DVD set which I've owned since what, 2008?

If I recall correctly the HD masters were done when the set came to blu Ray.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Preorder up on Amazon.com at 39.99 -- Release Nov 15, 2016 as stated earlier

Star Trek Animated: Animated Adv of Gene [Blu-ray]

Not a bad starting price, but I'm looking for more low 20's before I seriously consider buying.
I'm betting in mid November they'll be somebody with a release day price of 29.99 or at least low 30's.

If Bn has their normal 40% off sale the week before Xmas then $25 with their coupons isn't unreasonable to expect

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
My copy arrived today. :)

Awesome! Even though these are on prime, I have held off watching them because I knew a blu ray set was coming eventually.
I plan on buying when the price drops too.
Love the artwork and design of the set. I have read several reviews of the set as well. Looking forward to purchasing.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My copy arrived yesterday too; haven't watched it yet, but the package is very nice. Looking forward to enjoying this show again in high def.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I was reading the Amazon reviews on this Blu-ray. Apparently there is a sound sync issue with this whole set as a number of customers are complaining.
I've held off buying but now I'll be waiting on resolution of this issue.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I was reading the Amazon reviews on this Blu-ray. Apparently there is a sound sync issue with this whole set as a number of customers are complaining.
Wrath of Khan had an issue. My copy of The Vault has issues with TOS-R playback. Now TAS with sync issues. I've said it before and I'll say it again: All these CBS/P technical problems and replacement programs could be avoided by simply letting a couple of knowledgeable fans peruse check discs before they are replicated. If not for free, I'm pretty sure most fans would do it for the cost of a disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks