What's new

Star Trek Price Drop (1 Viewer)

Blake Siefken

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I'm done watching the first three seasons of DS9 (I forgot how good that show was). You can drop the price of the 4-7 now, Paramount, I'm waiting. I think this was their plan all along, get us hooked on the first three so that we buy the other four at the sticker price.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I purchased all of the Next Generation sets at $99.99 + tax the 1st day they were sold at retail, but starting with the second DS9 set I started buying them from Amazon Marketplace merchants & eBay for savings in the area of up to $30- $35 on average. This continued thru the Voyager sets. I didn't purchase all the Original Series double episode DVDs because some episodes just didn't appeal to me. I will not rebuy TOS in the new form nor will I buy any Enterprise episodes.

Jake Yenor

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished up Season 3 of TNG recently and am itching for Season 4(cliff-hangers tend to do that ;))

Anyway, is it worth taking the plunge on the $100+ price or is a price drop for 4 and on likely to happen soon?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Don't know about individual seasons, but the whole series is on sale for about $43 a season from DeepDiscount.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
TrekToday.com is reporting that R2 seasons of TNG are being reduced in price to 35 pounds (about $61) from 85 pounds (about $148), and having the extras cut from the sets, and will be issued in slimmer packages. The other series are expected to follow.

The site also reports that The Animated Series is off the schedule for the time being, no explanation given.

http://www.trektoday.com/news/220306_04.shtml

FrancisP

Screenwriter
I wonder if the animated series doesn't have some rights issues keeping it from being released on dvd. It seems that Paramount wants to do it but it's not getting done. The only othewr reason I could see for the delay is if the prints are in such bad shape. It seems like the tv division has its act together unlike the movie division.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Since we have a tread on this topic, Coconuts/FYE/Strawberries is have a sale on the Star Trek movies.

Each CE is $5 (!) after mail-in rebate ($10 cash). So you could buy all 10 CEs for $50 total.

I saw the sale on Friday, so today might be the last day.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
As of the VHS/LD releases and airings on Nickelodeon in the early 90s, the animated series elements were in excellent shape.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
You lucky folks that waited... :frowning:

I paid full price for all 7 seasons as they came out. Now you folks that waited get to buy it for about half price.

This is the best of all the ST series imho.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
So, when is Paramount going to drop the prices on the remainding sets? I have decided not to begin picking up the earlier sets despite the recent price drops until they drop the prices on all of the sets. With TNG sets still fetching $139.99 it's just not all that appeasing to snatch them up just yet.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Here in Toronto, the first 5 TNG seasons are all in the $80-90 range (Canadian dollars of course), and _most_ places now have DS9's first 5 seasons for that also. Voyager, TOS, and Enterprise are all still in the $180+ range, just as TNG 6,7 and DS9 6,7. It's a bit of a pain, but they're _slowly_ coming down in price.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
As mentioned in the Deep Space Nine thread, the entire seven year set of Deep Space Nine is only $315 US at Deep Discount Dvd. That is only $45 US a season. That is the only way to go.

Unfortunatly, I spent over $700 on this set. I paid full price but I still think it was worth it.

John*D

Second Unit
R2 is gettting TNG in slimline (thinpak) packaging, and I'm going to assume the other series are as well, and ultimately this will be done in R1, at least one would think so. I'm holding off untill then...

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I'm waiting for the original series to come down in price. Even with the bundle of all three seasons, $250 (and that's for a USED set on Amazon) is just crazy. Fortunately my local library has all three seasons, so I'll just borrow 'em till Paramount decides to be reasonable.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
How are the discs placed inside the slimcase? What is the difference between this slimcase and the thinpak? I am getting confused by all the packaging names.

Is there a visual guide to the different packages around?

Peter T.

Grip
Just a little tip for people who think about buying the "Deep Space Nine"-RC2-Sets: The episodes "To the Death" (Season 4) and "Sons and Daugthers" (Season 6) are cut. Both cuts are very short but still cuts. That's why I'm getting the RC1-Sets for the reduced prices right now.
In "To the Death" they cut out the scene where one Jem'Hadar breaks the neck of another one on the Defiant and in "Sons and Daughters" "the mixing of blood"-ritual at the end was partly cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks