What's new

Paramount+ Star Trek: Picard Season Two (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
New Trailer:

Interesting concept; they're not trying to change history, instead -- much like First Contact -- they're trying to repair it. It does look like most of the season is going to take place in the present day, which is smart from a budget standpoint but disappointing from the standpoint of wanting to know what happens next at the dawn of the 25th century. It also raises some interesting questions, since the backstory of the 21st century in Star Trek is very different than the actual 21st century so far. Will they reconcile those differences or ignore them like "Voyager" did when it went to the nineties?

Cool little detail: Raffi appears to be in a Sanctuary District at 1:52, given that it's the 2020s in the Trekverse.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I thought it had been previously confirmed that season 2 had wrapped.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just skimmed back over this thread after reading about the Covid outbreak among the Picard production.

I was surprised that if I did the math right, the second season was filmed over a 7 month time period, that seems extraordinary long for a 10 or so segment series. Obviously Covid is slowing down the production pace. Just an observation.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Full-cast original audio drama coming next month!

AHMSfFC.png

Simon & Schuster and StarTrek.com are excited to announce a new, original audio drama, Star Trek: Picard – No Man's Land. Written and produced exclusively for audio and unavailable in any other format, No Man’s Land is a fully-dramatized Star Trek adventure featuring two beloved stars of the hit series Star Trek: Picard in their iconic roles – Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine, and Michelle Hurd as Raffi.

No Man’s Land begins in the immediate aftermath of the stunning season one conclusion of Picard. While Seven of Nine and Raffi are enjoying some much needed R&R in Raffi’s remote hideaway, their downtime is interrupted by an urgent cry for help: a distant, beleaguered planet has enlisted the Fenris Rangers to save an embattled evacuation effort. As Seven and Raffi team up to rescue a mysteriously ageless professor, whose infinity-shaped talisman has placed him in the deadly sights of a vicious Romulan warlord, they take tentative steps to explore the attraction depicted in the final moments of Picard season one.

The No Man’s Land script is written by Kirsten Beyer, a co-creator, writer, and producer on the hit series Star Trek: Picard, and Mike Johnson, a veteran contributor to the Star Trek comic books publishing program. Together they bring both a mastery of the details of the Picard universe and its characters and an ability to tell Star Trek stories in media beyond the film and television screens.

Jeri Ryan and Michelle Hurd are joined in this full-cast audio dramatization by a host of talented actors playing all-new characters including a Romulan Warlord, a Fenris Ranger, various exotic alien species, and more. Among the extended cast are Fred Tatasciore (voice of the Hulk/Bruce Banner as well as Lt. Shaxs on Star Trek: Lower Decks), John Kassir (best known as the Cryptkeepr on HBO’s Tales from the Crypt), and John Cutmore-Scott (a featured character on the ABC series Deception).

From transporters and other ship technologies to weapons, explosions, and more, listeners will hear actual sound effects from the aural Picard universe.

Very cool that we're going to be learning more about the Fenris Rangers, straight from one of the creators of the actual TV show. Also, I'm guessing that the events of this audio drama will also dovetail/connect with the upcoming Picard novel Second Self, likewise set between the first and second seasons of the television series:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I can't wait for the absolute fan meltdown and outrage over this...

That being said, I'm down for giving it a chance.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Surprised we haven't heard a premiere date for Season 2 yet, but with Discovery returning in February, my guess is that, despite being promised February, Picard will not debut until mid-late March, which then pushes Strange New Worlds to May-June.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Surprised we haven't heard a premiere date for Season 2 yet, but with Discovery returning in February, my guess is that, despite being promised February, Picard will not debut until mid-late March, which then pushes Strange New Worlds to May-June.

Last week, we were watching something on Paramount+ and the ad for Picard Season 2 in February came on. I talked to the TV, saying "yeah right" or something like that. My fiancé looked at me blankly, so I explained how Discovery got chopped in two sections, Prodigy was going to run through early February, the back half of Disco has 7 or so episodes, meaning Picard S2 wouldn't debut until sometime later in the spring.

My fiancé has never watched a minute of any Trek. But he sat there, listened to my explanation, smiled and said "you're a dork."

Guilty as charged. :)

(I'm just shocked they haven't changed the Picard S2 ad yet to accommodate a new premiere date. It's highly unlikely, I think, for both Discovery and Picard to run concurrently.)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Last week, we were watching something on Paramount+ and the ad for Picard Season 2 in February came on. I talked to the TV, saying "yeah right" or something like that. My fiancé looked at me blankly, so I explained how Discovery got chopped in two sections, Prodigy was going to run through early February, the back half of Disco has 7 or so episodes, meaning Picard S2 wouldn't debut until sometime later in the spring.

My fiancé has never watched a minute of any Trek. But he sat there, listened to my explanation, smiled and said "you're a dork."

Guilty as charged. :)

(I'm just shocked they haven't changed the Picard S2 ad yet to accommodate a new premiere date. It's highly unlikely, I think, for both Discovery and Picard to run concurrently.)

Yeah, based upon what we're now learning about the whole COVID-situation behind the scenes on Picard, it would seem to explain the sudden cleavering of both Prodigy and Discovery's current seasons to draw things out until work on Picard can be finalized (although it sounds like the COVID-outbreak occurred during the third-season shooting, not the second -- unless the maybe the S2 post-production pipeline also got affected somehow?).

And yup, with modern-era Trek productions having only 10-13 episode seasons nowadays (instead of the old 26 episodes/year model of the Rick Berman-era), ain't no way Paramount is gonna overlap any two of the live-action shows as far as release dates go. We got a bit of an overlap a month or two ago when both DSC and PRO had episodes dropping the same week (for the first time since 1999), but that's pretty much the exception which proves the rule, here.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Yeah, based upon what we're now learning about the whole COVID-situation behind the scenes on Picard, it would seem to explain the sudden cleavering of both Prodigy and Discovery's current seasons to draw things out until work on Picard can be finalized (although it sounds like the COVID-outbreak occurred during the third-season shooting, not the second -- unless the maybe the S2 post-production pipeline also got affected somehow?).
The only thing I come back to is the shooting on S3 (presumably) was paused for a grand total of a day or two. Unless they shut down last year for something and that's pushing everything back.

Whatever it is, we're going to have new Trek almost every week this year:

5 Prodigy
6 Discovery
10 Picard
10 Strange New Worlds (presumably)
10 Lower Decks (presumably)

That's 41 new episodes of Trek this year. And we don't know if anything is going to premiere next the end of the year and spill over into 2023.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Also, Paramount+ will be dropping the first THREE episodes of Picard on the very same day that the final three DSC S4 episodes land(!), so it sure sounds like they're wanting to make it up to the fans in a big way, here.
Ah, I see what you did there. I read this as the first three Picard's and the last three Disco's all on one day initially...not on three separate days.

Almost had my mind blown there for a second...Six episodes of new Trek in one day would have meant I needed a PTO day. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting, a solid first half of the year of new Star Trek.

i may opt to only watch one show at a time so these will last past July. Or not.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I saw the newest trailer for Picard S2. I can’t help but think in the back of my mind that from what I’ve seen in the trailer, it’s the kind of story that would have been a 2 or 3 episode arc had it been done during TNG. But these new shows are stretching out these kinds of plots over 10 episodes. So it makes it seem like a bigger epic galaxy wide situation. Not saying it’s bad or great. Just saying. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks