What's new

Paramount+ Star Trek: Picard Season Two (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
A deleted tweet from Picard's new showrunner, Terry Matalas, said that the second season has started filming. Earlier this month, Jeri Ryan said that filming was imminent. (The feeling is that the tweet was deleted so a formal announcement can be made next week at the Paramount+ presentation.)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
so an entire season long Q arc, this could possibly end up being the TNG lost film that never was, and maybe he can make Jean luc, a real boy again.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
none needed, i can hear the voice over now, whispered to Jean Luc, ah mon Capitan, so your old eyes, feel a little more comfortable, I'll accept looking older just for you. The Trial isn't over yet, we have so much left to discuss. flash and there is a currently aged Jon DeLancie, let him play with it, and complain about body aches and such, and tell Picard, that growing old seems insufferable.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Just saw the teaser trailer and had a good laugh at the ending of it! :)

And then I saw the Paramount + extra with Will Wheaton interviewing Patrick and John LeLancie. Kind of surprised they let this out so soon.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
none needed, i can hear the voice over now, whispered to Jean Luc, ah mon Capitan, so your old eyes, feel a little more comfortable, I'll accept looking older just for you. The Trial isn't over yet, we have so much left to discuss. flash and there is a currently aged Jon DeLancie, let him play with it, and complain about body aches and such, and tell Picard, that growing old seems insufferable.
Exactly.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
LeVar Burton was on Whoopi Goldberg’s show The View today, where he unequivocally said he will not be in Picard Season 2. I suppose that can change, but it seems to be accurate.

That’s a change from a few days ago, when he said it was a possibility.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I kind of like that they're not overdoing the TNG cast. So far we've only seen Data, who was central to the story of the first season, and Riker/Troi -- whose appearances felt very organic to the story being told.

And the first season was careful to give Riker and Troi full lives between Nemesis and their appearances here -- command of the Titan, the birth of a son, the birth a daughter, the son's terminal illness and leaving Starfleet to care for him, the eventual loss of the son and how the three survivors are coping with that.

Any of the other main cast from TNG that appear should have the space to have lived equally full lives during the interim period. I'm still rooting to see Beverly Crusher as the captain of the hospital ship USS Pasteur.

If we do see Geordi La Forge at some point down the road, it'll be interesting to see the course his life took. In one of the aborted future timelines on "Voyager", he was the captain of the USS Challenger in the year 2390. I believe he was a commander at the time of the attack on Mars in 2385, but a lot can happen in 14 years.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
If we do see Geordi La Forge at some point down the road, it'll be interesting to see the course his life took. In one of the aborted future timelines on "Voyager", he was the captain of the USS Challenger in the year 2390. I believe he was a commander at the time of the attack on Mars in 2385, but a lot can happen in 14 years.

In the tie-in comic he was head of the Utopia Plantia Fleet Yards during the evacuation of the Romulans. In Picard season 1, we learn that the Yards were destroyed in the attack. My memory is that there is a throw away line about how Geordi survived. Am I remembering correctly?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My memory is that there is a throw away line about how Geordi survived. Am I remembering correctly?
Indirectly, I think. In the second episode, when Picard has decided to seek out Soji, his Romulan housekeeper suggests that he reach out to Riker, Worf, and LaForge for help. Picard responds that they would do it in a heartbeat but he doesn't want them to put themselves at risk out of loyalty to him. Of course later on he does turn to Riker for assistance when he's out of other options, but that response certainly would seem to imply that Worf and LaForge are alive and of sound body and mind in 2399 as well.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Since I’m working from home still, I did catch this episode of The View when it aired. It was pretty cool to see Whoopi and LeVar reunite. I was surprised that they had not seen each other for some time, but I can see they’re on different coast. The more interesting thing is over the years I’ve heard Whoopi talk about how powerful it was to see Nichelle Nichols on TOS when she was growing up and how Uhura represented someone whose an equal in the multi cultural crew of the Enterprise. I never heard LeVar say that too! Hope LeVar has a successful turn as guest host on Jeopardy!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
In the tie-in comic he was head of the Utopia Plantia Fleet Yards during the evacuation of the Romulans. In Picard season 1, we learn that the Yards were destroyed in the attack. My memory is that there is a throw away line about how Geordi survived. Am I remembering correctly?

Also, the excellent novel The Last, Best Hope by Una McCormick goes into deep detail on showing us how exactly
Geordi (narrowly) survived the Mars Synth-uprising that day, practically minute-by-minute (his Starfleet XO is killed along with most of the rest of the population of Utopia Planitia) -- the comic series ends approximately shortly before the uprising starts (following Picard's escape from Yuyat Beta with Laris and Zhaban), but both stories show lots of Geordi's time in charge of the fleet yards beforehand, there.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Also, the excellent novel The Last, Best Hope by Una McCormick goes into deep detail on showing us how exactly
Geordi (narrowly) survived the Mars Synth-uprising that day, practically minute-by-minute (his Starfleet XO is killed along with most of the rest of the population of Utopia Planitia) -- the comic series ends approximately shortly before the uprising starts (following Picard's escape from Yuyat Beta with Laris and Zhaban), but both stories show lots of Geordi's time in charge of the fleet yards beforehand, there.
I second the “excellent” descriptor. The novel should have been the first season of the show.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I have to wonder if there will be any jokes or thought that Q would make Picard human again. As a joke, I refer to how Q remarked that he would never submit Data to such a horrible fate to make him human as a reward how Data helped Q.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It looks terrific. I hesitate to get too excited since it’s a long way off, but I will be tuning in Day 1.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Season 2 teaser poster

E7255CD1-02E1-453B-962C-EF755D706E20.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks