What's new

Paramount+ Star Trek: Picard - Season Three (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The (now-superseded by Picard) post-Nemesis novels actually did indeed have Jean-Luc and Beverly finally tying the knot and having a son together, which took place against the backdrop of the massive Borg-invasion in David Mack's Star Trek: Destiny trilogy (which happens roughly when Lower Decks now occurs in the screen-canon). The shows have sometimes shown a willingness to pick up plot-elements from the books and use them for their own storytelling, so this could in fact be a possible reason for Picard and Dr. Crusher's eventual estrangement.

100%, this plot thread could be picked up and made official. But if they did, setting aside the great math and arguments Adam set up, I want to SEE their relationship, what happened to bring them together and tear them apart. I want to SEE Jean-Luc theoretically walking out on his family or forgetting about that piece of his life. Since Season 4 of TNG, Picard has been about "family." He went to great lengths to protect a man he thought was his son in TNG: "Bloodlines." He had a complete breakdown when his brother and nephew died and he figured out he was the last Picard in Generations.

I also don't see Beverly keeping this information from him. I wouldn't put it past these writers to screw up her character that way based on Seasons 1 and 2, but I would hope McFadden and Stewart would step up and say "nuh, uh...this is no good."

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It looks great. I just wish I had some idea what it was about and what Amanda Plummer’s beef with Picard is.

The folks on Twitter who have seen advance episodes say the hype is real this time.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
No idea what is actually happening in the season, the trailer is just seemingly random cuts of faces, one liners and action. I swear I want to like this show and this season, but the trailer isn't doing what a trailer is supposed to do for me: excite me about the show, want to watch the minute they drop every week.

That being said...everyone knows I'm going to watch this. And get the soundtrack/s when they come out. And read whatever tie in novels there will be now and down the road.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I took a peak here this morning. Good to see there are no obvious spoilers?

i have deliberately not read any articles or threads or seen any videos on the third season. Though I did see one trailer last year that caused more questions for me and some concern for what this season will be about. But like Jason, I am looking forward to seeing this season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Apologies in advance if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it:
Star Trek: Picard The Final Season Poster

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Terry Matalas has given Trek Central a closer look at the Titan-A bridge crew. Even though there are no plot points revealed, I'm putting the rest in spoilers in case anybody here doesn't want to know anything that wasn't in the trailers:
  • Captain: Liam Shaw (Todd Stashwick), a commanding officer who likes to do things by-the-book and disapproves of Picard and Riker's free-wheeling reputations.
  • First Officer: Commander Annika Hansen (Jeri Ryan), a former Borg who took an unconventional path to Starfleet leadership
  • Science Officer: Lt. T’Veen (Stephanie Czajkowski), a Vulcan who was sought out by multiple captains
  • Tactical Officer: Lt. Matthew Arliss Mura (Joseph Lee), who apparently has mixed human and Bajoran ancestry.
  • Helmsman: Ensign Sidney LaForge (Ashlei Sharpe Chestnut)
  • Communications Officer: Ensign Kova Rin Esmar (Jin Maley), a Haliian.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Last edited:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I just checked the release date as I couldn’t recall it. I see we are less then a week away from the Picard S3 premiere and I am mostly in the dark as to what the season will be about. :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I see we are less then a week away from the Picard S3 premiere and I am mostly in the dark as to what the season will be about. :)
Pretty cool, isn't it? That being said, I would proceed carefully from here on out; the premiere was last night, and the TV critics have seen the first six episodes. So I'm thinking details will start trickling out sooner rather than later.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
While my anticipation is high for this, one thing I am hoping we do not see is The Borg. I feel like Star Trek has beat them to death. I also hope Spiner’s mustache twirling is kept to a minimum.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
While my anticipation is high for this, one thing I am hoping we do not see is The Borg. I feel like Star Trek has beat them to death. I also hope Spiner’s mustache twirling is kept to a minimum.
Amen. Enough Borg.

I’ve seen some headlines on the interwebs saying this is the best thing Trek has done in 25 years. I tend to think a lot of headlines are click bait material, but this season will need to hit the ground running and never let up if it wants the crown of Best Trek in the last quarter century.

There are some theories I just hope aren’t true. Best let some sleeping dogs lie…

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just want to take the ride. I’m not interest in fan theories or spoiler discussions or trying to look at a scene from episode 1 and trying to reverse engineer what the outcome will be in episode 10.

I want to spend time with these characters that I love and discover what they’ve made of themselves in the time that’s passed since we last saw them. I’m not the same person I was the last time I saw Geordi or Worf or Beverly and there’s something very poignant in seeing them again, particularly in a show that embraces rather than denies the passage of time.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Agreed…I just went it to be good and something I am excited to watch every week.

Having watched a lot of DS9 on Pluto TV this weekend, I’ve seen and heard a whole lot of ads for the new season. I already have my plan for watching on Thursday night after work but before going to see Ant Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks