What's new

Paramount+ Star Trek: Picard - Season Three (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Season 1 was delayed from its original release plan, and Season 2 was as well. Let’s see if the third time is the charm :D

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Picard unearthing one of his old combadges is a motif that I think has appeared in one way or another in all three seasons now. It looks like this time, he's got a voicemail on it from Beverly Crusher, imploring him to come to her aid. It's possible that whatever trouble she's in is the inciting incident for the season's story.

The thing that stood out to me about the round building that gets bombed (or transported?) is that it has the Star Trek: The Motion Picture era logo on it.

Seven of Nine is apparently a commander now. That seems like a pretty big jump, given that she was only allowed into Starfleet at the end of "Picard" season two. On the other hand, Picard did give her a field commission as captain at one point, so.... *shrugs*

That ship at the end isn't supposed to be the same Titan that Riker captained, is it? It's a completely different design than what we saw in "Lower Decks", which matched what was used for Luna-class ships in ancillary media pretty exactly.

On the other hand, the bridge looks exactly like the bridge for the NCC-82893 Stargazer from last season. I'm thinking that a lot of ships were getting intercut for this trailer.

Why is everything so dark? Has adequate lighting gone out of style in the early 25th century?

Season 1 was delayed from its original release plan, and Season 2 was as well. Let’s see if the third time is the charm :D
Filming wrapped in March for this season, so there shouldn't be the same roadblocks this time!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Robert Meyer Burnett who worked on the TNG blu-rays and hates 90% of new Trek has seen Picard season 3 and loved it.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Robert Meyer Burnett who worked on the TNG blu-rays and hates 90% of new Trek has seen Picard season 3 and loved it.
More like 99.9% of new Trek. But Picard-showrunner Terry Matalas liked and commented on his Twitter-comments, basically confirming that Burnett has indeed seen the scripts, which...cool. Burnett has certainly changed massively since his Sci-Fi Universe-heyday, but if even he's actually onboard with the upcoming season, anything's possible, I guess.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I put zero stock in anything he says. He comes off as a bitter, angry man in every way.
Him actually liking this makes me optimistic. And he comes off much better if he isn't talking about Star Trek.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Him actually liking this makes me optimistic. And he comes off much better if he isn't talking about Star Trek.

One can hope, but this is the only way I know the man. It's enough for me. Same reason I abandoned the Treksperts podcast, but different people. But that's not a convo for here. Sorry for the derailment.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

I'm glad that it's not supposed to be the same ship. It reminds me a lot of the USS Shangri-La from one of those old calendars:
The Shangri-La and Surprise on mission.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
One can hope, but this is the only way I know the man. It's enough for me. Same reason I abandoned the Treksperts podcast, but different people. But that's not a convo for here. Sorry for the derailment.
He is actually quite good on The John Campea show. John doesn't let him talk about Star Trek much.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I'm in the camp that didn't like the first two seasons of Picard but am hopeful for this final season.

Even if you are not a fan of Robert Meyer Burnett, this interview with Douglas Drexler and Terry Matalas gives me hope and is very informative about Star Trek in general:

PS - note the model behind Drexler. It comes up in the conversation.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Lots of new information from Terry Matalas in this interview:
  • The Titan-A is a Neo-Constitution class or Constitution III vessel.
  • There is a model of the Luna-class Titan from "Lower Decks" in the ship's observation room.
  • The retro look of some of these ships was a deliberate choice, feeling that the late TNG-era designs were getting too aerodynamic and making it difficult to differentiate with the 32nd century designs in "Discovery".
  • The fleet of Inquiry-class ships seen at the end of Season 1 was a deliberate choice resulting from the fallout of the desolation of Mars and failed Romulan relocation effort. To conserve resources, Starfleet wanted a ship that could be replicated quickly with parts can be exchanged from one vessel to another. But at some point after the events of "Picard" season one, a flaw in the Inquiry-class design was exploited and took out several vessels all at once. So that led to Starfleet going back to diversifying its fleet.
  • The smaller ship we see at the beginning of the trailer is the SS Eleos, which used to be a Starfleet science ship but isn't any longer. That's the ship that Beverly Crusher is on.
  • Beverly Crusher is no longer in Starfleet.
  • While Picard is still indisputably the lead for the third season, "Riker and Beverly I would say, are very close number twos."
  • Seven of Nine is not the captain of the Titan-A. The captain is a major character for the season, and a newly created character.
  • "I will say there are a few actors from the television series 12 Monkeys in this season that are pretty fantastic."

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm looking forward to this, but two things in this give me pause: I like Amanda Plummer, but the preview makes it look like she's just laughing maniacally and screaming, never a good sign for a villain. The second thing is Lore. I don't object to using Lore, but I think it sucks that Lore outlived Data.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks