Star Trek: Picard - Season One - CBS All Access - starring Patrick Stewart

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
^ Incredible book, BTW. Really fleshes out why the Romulan supernova-evacuation failed, and goes into even deeper detail than the TV show on why Picard's (and Raffi's) Starfleet careers both crashed and burned immediately afterwards.
I’ll second that recommendation. I hadn’t read a Star Trek book in many years, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reactions: Jason_V and joshEH

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Senior HTF Member
Gates McFadden Says There Is A “Good Chance” She Will Appear In Star Trek: Picard
Hopefully she'll be the captain of the USS Pasteur. I don't think Crusher and Picard ever got married like they did in the future revealed by Q in the TNG series finale, but there's something right about her being the captain of a hospital starship. I just don't see her retiring like Picard did. Likewise, Geordi LaForge was the captain of the USS Challenger in 2390 in the possible future presented in the Voyager episode "Timeless".

In both cases, plenty has happened to change the timeline since those futures were glimpsed, so "Picard" doesn't have to feel beholden to any of it. But those possible futures are a source for inspiration.

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Senior HTF Member
LaForge had a position relating to the building efforts on Mars to plan for the Romulan rescue that Starfleet abandoned, so it would be interesting to see where they put him 14 years or so after that.
One thing the first season did really well with Riker and Troi is find them in a very different place when Picard was reunited with them, in a way that made you really feel the weight of the two decades since Nemesis.

I just hope the same is true of any other TNG series regulars who appear, whatever the show has them doing.

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm also a little more than halfway done with the first Picard novel and it is what the first season should have been. I'll have more to say when I'm done, but it's a great read. Thank you to Josh and Sam for recommending it.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyhill1