Star Trek: Picard - Season One - CBS All Access - starring Patrick Stewart

Sam Favate

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
^ Incredible book, BTW. Really fleshes out why the Romulan supernova-evacuation failed, and goes into even deeper detail than the TV show on why Picard's (and Raffi's) Starfleet careers both crashed and burned immediately afterwards.
I’ll second that recommendation. I hadn’t read a Star Trek book in many years, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reactions: Jason_V and joshEH

Sam Favate

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Gates McFadden Says There Is A “Good Chance” She Will Appear In Star Trek: Picard
Hopefully she'll be the captain of the USS Pasteur. I don't think Crusher and Picard ever got married like they did in the future revealed by Q in the TNG series finale, but there's something right about her being the captain of a hospital starship. I just don't see her retiring like Picard did. Likewise, Geordi LaForge was the captain of the USS Challenger in 2390 in the possible future presented in the Voyager episode "Timeless".

In both cases, plenty has happened to change the timeline since those futures were glimpsed, so "Picard" doesn't have to feel beholden to any of it. But those possible futures are a source for inspiration.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
LaForge had a position relating to the building efforts on Mars to plan for the Romulan rescue that Starfleet abandoned, so it would be interesting to see where they put him 14 years or so after that.
One thing the first season did really well with Riker and Troi is find them in a very different place when Picard was reunited with them, in a way that made you really feel the weight of the two decades since Nemesis.

I just hope the same is true of any other TNG series regulars who appear, whatever the show has them doing.

Sam Favate

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm also a little more than halfway done with the first Picard novel and it is what the first season should have been. I'll have more to say when I'm done, but it's a great read. Thank you to Josh and Sam for recommending it.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I watched the first three episodes on Blu-ray last night. All good so far. My only critique is that life on earth in the late 24th century looks way too much like life on earth in the early 21st century.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I forgot about this release date! I just placed my order on Amazon. But before I did that, I checked other sites because the one on Amazon is a Steelcase one. Apparently the regular one is back ordered? Best Buy has the regular version in stock. I don’t mind the steelcase And ordered that one. I like them, but don’t go out of my way for them.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Apparently they're going to shoot the second and third seasons back-to-back, with the second season shooting January 2021 to June 2021 and the third season shooting June 2021 to November 2021 -- so basically one full season of TNG.
That sounds like a lot of intense work for Stewart at his level of life experience. See, I didn’t say he was old. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Detour (1945)

Sam Favate

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Apparently they're going to shoot the second and third seasons back-to-back, with the second season shooting January 2021 to June 2021 and the third season shooting June 2021 to November 2021 -- so basically one full season of TNG.
Did TNG shoot for 10 months at a time? Wow.

I think the earliest we see season 2 is late 2021. But then, Discovery took 18 months between seasons 2 and 3, so it's not like we aren't used to that, and no one can blame anyone for such delays due to the pandemic.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I am watching the Blu-ray set of season 1. As is usual with anything with a commentator, especially if I have seen it before, I attempted to listen to the narration while playing the visuals with subtitles. Strange to relate, the subtitles are for the commentators, not the dialogue of the episode!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The next Picard novel has been announced -- written by James Swallow (if you don't know who he is, he's written some absolutely incredible Star Trek novels that you should immediately check out):

So...also potentially a Lower Decks-crossover, too? Thaddeus Riker should be around four years old when this novel takes place, and according to the publisher, this also deals with the impending destruction of Romulus. Also, this will be a hardcover novel, just like Una McCormick's Picard: The Last Best Hope (which is also a must-read for fans of the show).

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
In addition to being an incredibly fraught time in the galaxy, that's an interesting time for Riker and Troi personally. Kestra would have been born right around that time, and Thad would have just started inventing his own languages.

Reactions: joshEH

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macoco