Star Trek: Picard - Season One - CBS All Access - starring Patrick Stewart

DaveF

Real Name
Dave
I would argue you can include various episodes of The Orville in there.
I can't say. I'm told it's worth watching once you get to the middle of the first season or something. But I watched the pilot when it debuted and hated it. There's too much other TV right now to go back bad and slog through a show I don't like to get to when it gets good. Maybe in a year or two, when my queue is reduced, I'll give it another go.

I'm more interested in what people thought of Picard, than talking about Orville.

The Obsolete Man

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I buy the “Discovery” Blu rays. Is there any word about “Picard” Blu rays?
No, but the NuTrek shows haven't been popping up on Blu until November, so it's still probably way too far out for a solicit. I don't think CBS/V is too far past June yet with upcoming releases.

Reactions: TJPC

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
This makes no sense. Just move along.
It makes complete sense if you want to be honest about it.

If you don't, you dismiss it.

You can point to other examples of just about any existing work of fiction and point at an older version of the same story, or the original and label one as derivative.

You can argue that TOS was derivative of Horatio Hornblower.
TOS "Balance of Terror" episode was derivative of WWII submarine combat, et al.

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
There's likely to be lots of time for that price to drop like a rock before the actual release date. Both Discovery S1 and S2 settled around $35 per season on release day.

Reactions: joshEH

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm sure they will include the Short Trek episode Children of Mars, which is a kind of prequel to the show. I wonder if they'll have Wil Wheaton's Ready Room show, which was a great behind the scenes effort, with lots of production info and interviews with the cast and crew.

joshEH

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
There's likely to be lots of time for that price to drop like a rock before the actual release date. Both Discovery S1 and S2 settled around $35 per season on release day.
Yeah, places like Bull Moose will have it for ~$35 at release, and so will Amazon (I just picked up the one-disc Short Treks BD from them for only $15.97, which even beat Amazon's price).

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason_V

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Which is still too expensive for a 10 episode season. That $35 price point should be the MSRP with "everyday" prices in the $20-$25 range. Typical Trek price gouging.

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'm sure they will include the Short Trek episode Children of Mars, which is a kind of prequel to the show. I wonder if they'll have Wil Wheaton's Ready Room show, which was a great behind the scenes effort, with lots of production info and interviews with the cast and crew.
I doubt they’ll include Ready Room as it aired - they didn’t for Discovery - but the behind the scenes “packages” included in that show may be included as bonus features.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
I am not sure about this, since they are releasing Short Treks on their own. But maybe they will release it on both Picard and Short Treks.

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
In case anyone's interested, the first Picard novel (The Last Best Hope) is $1.99 for the Kindle version on Amazon.

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I did pick it up right after I saw the price. It'll be the next book on my list...currently in the middle of DS9: Objective Bajor.

I'm looking forward to it based on your recommendation, Josh.

Reactions: joshEH

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbasaneha