What's new

Star Trek Next Generation Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
The UK Blu-ray release of Star Trek the next generation is listed as region free and is for sale on amazon for $75.88. That's less than 43 cents per episode. I have read some bad reviews about the US release on the packaging and scratched discs plus it's quite a bit more expensive. Can anyone think of a downside to the UK release?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The UK Blu-ray release of Star Trek the next generation is listed as region free and is for sale on amazon for $75.88. That's less than 43 cents per episode. I have read some bad reviews about the US release on the packaging and scratched discs plus it's quite a bit more expensive. Can anyone think of a downside to the UK release?

None, they're the same discs as in the US set with basically the same internal 2 megacase packaging which folks have been none too please with. Depending on you price point this set was closer to $40-45 shipped no too long ago and I'm getting $65 shipped right now after VAT removal. I think I paid a little over $50 since I ordered right before the deepest price drop. I wouldn't be surprised based on past UK Xmas sales to see it come close to list 42GBP again

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I am currently watching through season 5 from this set and have found no problems at all so far. It only took a couple or 3 weeks for the set to arrive here (near Toronto) from Britain, and the package was in perfect shape.
I have already ordered and received the complete Enterprise and it also arrived quickly through Amazon.uk and in perfect condition.
With what Brexit has done to the £, these sets are a steal.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
My copy was ~$66 which I consider a steal! I'd have loved to have gotten the lower price but I'm quite happy with what I paid. I'm one of the few who happen to like the "Mega Case" packaging and have no problems at all with it. As long as you know the center/disc holder part is loose in the case you should have no problems. Disc quality is excellent and mine arrived in as perfect condition as you can expect. The only "downside" I can think of is you'll be waiting 2-4 weeks for it to arrive as they'll likely use Asendia, who also provides *no* tracking. It's a fantastic set!

I'm considering a order of Enterprise myself and recently ordered the region free Battlestar Galactica (2004) and Deadwood BR complete series sets. The pair was ~$40 shipped. There are some *great* bargains to be found at Amazon U.K. on region free BR discs/sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks