Star Trek:Next Gen for $79.99 + shipping at Playcentric

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob-N, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

For those of you who waited or haven't ordered yet, Playcentric is running a $10 coupon on $60+ purchases. Their regular price is $89.99 on ST:TNG and with the $10 off, gets you down to $79.99 plus shipping. Also their shipping rates are not crazy like some others.
    It's the best deal I've seen so far and their service is pretty good. I've ordered three times from them with no problems.
    www.playcentric.com, coupon code NL1060.

2. Daron

Daron Agent

[​IMG] I placed my order last night. Season 2 for $83.99 shipped... First Class Air Mail!
    The price was right. This is the first time I've ordered from Playcentric. If it arrives close to the street date, I'll be more than satisfied.

3. Colin Davidson

Colin Davidson Second Unit

I purchased Season 1 from them after Outpost.com bailed on the deal they had.

When I received it, it had been sent in a thinly padded envelope and the box of the set had been crushed in shipping. The disc's were still on the hubs but I was concerned when I first saw it.

This may not be an issue if you are going the InetDVD 6 disc case and cover art by Ric route, which BTW I am. But thought I would give you a heads up just in case.

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Um, too late, it already streeted.

**I'm an idiot...season 2. On my way...**

5. Bob-N

Bob-N Supporting Actor

Colin, bummer. I figured a box set would come in another box. Two of the three orders I completed with them had boxes. But I had ordered multiple items in different sizes (CDs and VHS).

I'd give them a call. They're really nice as my first order had been lost and they followed up every week or so after I first reported it (4 weeks after order). After a couple more weeks of waiting (nothing important), I finally gave up and asked them for a refund. They did it immediately with no hassles.

Bob

6. Daron

Daron Agent

Colin,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your set. I e-mailed Playcentric and shared my concern about your experience. A rep e-mailed back promptly, said he would address the shipping department about that, and told me he'd make sure I received Season 2 in appropriate packaging.

So it seems they are very receptive to e-mails and phone calls about customer service issues...

--Daron

7. Robert Elrod

Robert Elrod Agent

Just a friendly reminder... Playcentric charges your card when you place the order, not when they ship. It is not a big deal, just unexpected. It is the best price on the net! [​IMG]