What's new

Star Trek Nemesis SCE (1 Viewer)

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm I must be the only one who loved seeing the Enterprise smash into the other ship.

Judging from the space that have already been mentioned in various news bits, an extended cut is looking less and less likely. Oh well. I knew that would make too much sense for Paramount to do it anyway...

Blake Siefken

Stunt Coordinator
At least "Final Frontier" had an interesting concept (the whole god thing). Most movies wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole because its too controversial to get theological in the United States. I wish more movies had the balls that Star Trek V did, even though it sucks.

Nemesis, on the other hand, was the same old factory assembled, mass produced, plastic, pottery barn, safe coffee table bull shit that had survey groups and test audiences, designed to have appeal to mass audiences and not to offened the over thirty, even though it sucked.

I'm still buying it, again.

Shane Dodson

Stunt Coordinator

LOL..."again?" Why did you buy it the first time if you found it so awful? If you're planning on plunking down another 12-15 bucks or so for the CE, then as far as Paramount Home Video is concerned...you liked it.

Regards,

- S.D.

Peter Raber

Stunt Coordinator
Where are the official specs for this release? If the only thinkg they are doing is adding some more deleted scenes then they are not getting my money.

I have found 95% of the deleted scenes shown on these discs to be too raw for my tastes. I love deleted scenes, but at least clean them up a little Paramount. Of course for $15 a movie I guess I shouldn't complain.

The worst incident though is Star Trek V where in one featurette they show a deleted scene between the main Klingon and his woman underling (I don't particularly care that much to research theit names) with the female actress talking over it. So, I expected to see that in the deleted scenes, but it was nowhere to be found!

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter

THE “SPECIAL COLLECTOR’S EDITION” DVD: TM & Copyright © 2002 by Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved. Star TrekTM and related marks are trademarks of Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved. TM, ® & Copyright © 2005 by Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Going to watch Nemesis one more time to determine if it's worth an upgrade.

Didn't like it much in the theater or when the DVD came out.

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Indeed. That is my most watched scene of the whole film. I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I just can't get enough of starships playing the smashy smashy game. ;)

Blake Siefken

Stunt Coordinator

Four reasons:
1. I'm a Star Trek nerd.
2. It had explosions.
3. It had explosions.
4. Like all North Americans, I am only truly happy when I'm buying things.

PS. If I bought "Alien 3" twice, I can buy "Nemesis" twice.

DaveMK

Agent
Great news! Menus posted for the CE show that the deleted scenes will include the previous releases deleted scenes as well--we won't need both versions to have them all.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Just received the screener today. I won't be able to post a review until the end of next week... too many other reviews on my plate right now.

I already know what I think of the film. Let's just say I'm not looking forward to watching it again.

My copy came in Craptastic 2-up packaging. I hate that.

Here are screen shots of the deleted scenes menus:

I'm going to shoot for Wednesday or Thursday to post the full review.

-Scott

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
I somehow remember reading about some cut dialog in the Riker/Viceroy scene on that bridge thing at the end that was cut from the film, but I haven't seen any mention of it in any of the deleted scenes. What gives? Riker was apparently supposed to say something to viceroy before botting him down to his doom.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks